Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
My music dudes. I know y'all appreciate the sequencing on this joint.

The strength of Kendrick's projects has always been the sequencing. Cats can front on a lot of things, but no one can say this dude doesn't know how to make a complete and seamless project. That shyt is a lost art.

yep....it's the little things like sequencing that makes me appreciate dude as an artist...he's not putting on records because they are dope...they need to make sense as a unit...

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
White people under 21 will hate this album

White people over 21 will say they love it/critical acclaim

Young nikkas under 21 will say its trash and photoshop various NBA player dunking it into the recycling bin

Old heads will love it

I rly think you have to be at least somewhat aware and familiar with the G-Funk Era sound to like this album. Seems like what he was going for.
People in the mid-late 20s I feel like will love it most because we have had the best musical experience (imo).
We are old enough to appreciate the sound he was trying to capture while keeping it fresh. Idk tho, after a couple listens I rock w it

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
yep....it's the little things like sequencing that makes me appreciate dude as an artist...he's not putting on records because they are dope...they need to make sense as a unit...

Word.

It's what made albums so dope in the late 80's and early 90's. We got away from that for a minute. It's good to see someone taking it back to having that cohesive project. Dude was doing that shyt on mixtapes. LOL!!