Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of this shyt is unlistenable to me, for enjoyment, it's too weird, while there's certain facets of the album I can appreciate, some of the lyrics on the first verse of U weren't bad.

There's some good beats too...

And some other aspects that can at least see some value in even if not feeling it, like the flow on Alright.

Some of the flows and inflections sound a bit awkward to me. The off beat/conversation flow isn't that enjoyable to me many times throughout the album, I realize it's a style but just not feeling it....

shyt is just too weird for me.

But like I said has some shyt I like, I like the intro beat of Hood Politics...

I can hear too much of an Eminem influence in the flow which I don't like...

That "boo boo" shyt is wack...

Am finding this hard to get through....

Overall unlistenable, I don't wanna ever hear this again, but I will force myself to listen a few more times when I can.

I don't like his voice either often...

I like the Complexion beat...

Base nice...

Complexion probably my favourite song so far on this. Like that 1, it's a good message, good beat, good song, at least there's something I can like on the album. Rhapsody did her thing, liked it, good content, and I like the fact she's on the album. This is a good song, I like and respect it. Very nice work, I was already planning on checking more of her work out, recently started due to a recommendation due to somebody on here, but this will accelerate that process, I liked what she did. This gets a thumbs up from me no doubt.

Still like the reagge shyt on Blacker The Berry, wish a few things about the song were changed so I could listen to it, but there's some good parts in the song.

Nice beat again on You Ain't Gotta Lie. Sonically sounds decent.

In the context of the album I sounds better, it's a nice vibe.

Some good parts in Mortal Men, some parts don't feel as much.

First listen done, won't rate yet, but sounds like a mixed bag. Much better than Drake's wack project, but it's very mixed to me, mostly not feeling it but some redemptive qualities and a few good songs.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
A lot of people on Twitter complaining about the album, saying "it's for old folks".

I think most of these people haven't fukked with Section 80 or Overly Dedicated. It's gonna be interesting to see how the album does once it settles in.

The production is serious though. They put some dope work in behind the boards.

that's what i'm saying

people who got into kendrick due to gkmc probably aren't going to fukk with this

it's not yeezus but it's on the same degree, there's really no bangers, they're gonna hate this shyt

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I can tell you now, those fans that started listening to kendrick after "fukking problems" will not like this album. Too real for them to understand while the sweet sound of horns and precise basslines flow through they ears.

"but...i'm trying to turn up...where's the trap beats!!!"

fukkin fakkits

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
shyt sound so retro, funky, and clean. I'm digging it. Kendrick took a big risk going in this direction, if not executed right shyt could definitely fall flat. But it came out dope though.:ehh:

Don't know how the thots and young rap fans gonna feel about this though:manny:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
that's what i'm saying

people who got into kendrick due to gkmc probably aren't going to fukk with this

it's not yeezus but it's on the same degree, there's really no bangers, they're gonna hate this shyt

Real talk, this sounds more like what I wanted GKMC to be. LOL!!

Always thought dude was better pre-GKMC.