Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
:camby:

The only rapper out here channeling James Brown is Mystikal. And I know good and godamn well I don't need to post an example for that.

Far as the beat, its good but nothing Quik hasn't already done.

15 years ago....ya'll Kendrick fans gotta step it up

I swear some of y'all on here failed at reading comprehension in school or is it you get so giddy while typing that you overlook stuff.

First off...i'm a fan of music...period. I got more music of all types on my external HD's and cloud services than a majority of people. I forget about more songs than most people ever download. I already know about the Mausberg song and even repped someone because i knew the beat sounded familiar. You really think Kendrick isn't familiar with the track considering Mausberg was from Compton also? You weren't really shocking anyone by announcing most of us knew already.

As far as the westcoast Quik acknowledged the TDE camp including Kendrick Lamar andSchoolboy Q – and announced that the Mausberg cut from 2000 called “Get Nekkid” [listen to the track in the DubCNN DJ R-Tistic QuikMix] is sampled on a song on Kendrick’s forthcoming album.

http://www.dubcnn.com/2015/03/02/dj-quik-discusses-dr-dre-tupac-mausberg-ed-sheeran/

I stan no artist but i enjoy Kendricks music and look forward to his album. Just like clearly you'd look forward a MF Doom album. T

Back to the James Brown post.... i didn't say Kendrick was channeling James Brown period for this album. I said he channeled James Brown on "The Payback" with the jive talk vocal scheme of the first verse of King Kunta. We aren't talking about Mystikal...i'm from the south...grew up on Mystikal...i'm also from South Carolina so i grew up on James Brown & I don't need you to tell me about either.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I said he channeled James Brown on "The Payback" with the jive talk vocal scheme of the first verse of King Kunta.
And like I said, verbatim, the only rapper out here channeling is James Brown is Mystikal.

In ANY capacity.

I know you weren't talking about him, I brought him up because you're clearly misguided on who is sounding like what.

Try again breh

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
And like I said, verbatim, the only rapper out here channeling is James Brown is Mystikal.

In ANY capacity.

I know you weren't talking about him, I brought him up because you're clearly misguided on who is sounding like what.

Try again breh
Stop trying to force your opinion as Gospel nikka...

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO

In ANY capacity.

Try again breh

:ohhh:

:camby: verbatim. Just like your screen name you've gotten Zero right. But i'll let you cook tho