Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

larsattack

All Star
Daps
These Walls...that third verse :damnno:

The storytelling by this nikka :wow:

I listened to that song all day yesterday when I realized it. That third verse is crazy!

Walls telling you to listen to "Sing About Me"
Retaliation is strong you even dream about me
Killed my homeboy and God spared your life
Dumb criminal got indicted the same night
So when you play this song rewind the first verse
About me abusing my power so you can hurt
About me and her in the shower whenever she horny
About me and her in the after hours of the morning
About her baby daddy currently serving life
And how she think about you until we meet up at night
about the only girl that cared about you when you asked her
And how she fukking on a famous rapper
Walls could talk

I know dude somewhere going

c86a88be_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
:wow: un just in awe breh, I just catch more and more every listen

A lot of people I talk to don't understand the album even with a the clues and interludes he giving u. I sometimes I have to explain to them what's going on while the songs playing. I don't see this album catching on wit this generation , but I'm not mad about.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
another thing....i'm happy as fukk that he released a 16 track album. i'm really gettin tired of all these artists releasing 10 track albums nowadays. I don't care about the motives or politics behind it, give us something that can hold us over til your next one. I miss the days when 15 track albums were the norm. kendrick just gave us 80 minutes of classic material and I swear the shyt feels like it's half that long.

This and the Lupe album are just amazing..Both are just over an hour of straight grade A material....

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
another thing....i'm happy as fukk that he released a 16 track album. i'm really gettin tired of all these artists releasing 10 track albums nowadays. I don't care about the motives or politics behind it, give us something that can hold us over til your next one. I miss the days when 15 track albums were the norm. kendrick just gave us 80 minutes of classic material and I swear the shyt feels like it's half that long.

THANK YOU. If the song is dope and it fits into the album, put the shyt on the fukking album :damn:

i agree with both of you but i guess the reason why artists put out shorter projects is due to the attention span of the average consumer nowadays ... its hard to have people patiently sit through a lengthy project anymore (especially when u can move on to something else with a swipe of a mouse), as evidenced by some of the early responses in this thread

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think the album is average :manny:

For ya'll who saw it being hailed as a classic and jumped on the bandwagon, just remember...

You ain't gotta lie to kick it, my nikka :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since this album takes you places in your thought process, something that may surely be a reach, stuck out to me. On King Kunta, the breakdown when there's a gun shot and the voice say, "by the time you hear the next pop...the funk shall be within you" and another shot followed by Kendrick saying, "now I run the game....." I can't help but wonder......with the song being so funky and the album taking a sharp turn from what everything else is being played on the radio, was the shot symbolic of Kendrick "killing" what's being played on the radio? And was the voice basically telling the listener by the next time you hear that "pop" (i.e. hip hop that's passing for popular music) this will be "in you" and make it hard for you to hear what's on the radio the same after hearing this?