Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i personally like it but nikkas callin it classic neeed to chill with that shyt. let the project breathe a lil bit
The coli norm. Anytime a mainstream artist releases an album it's classic no matter what. Drake just dropped a classic, Lupe before that, jcole .... Etc. I think these new rappers are immune to releasing sub par music.

Masterpiece after hearing a snippet ass nikkas.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This album is the album of the people, it's timeless. The execution Kendrick displayed throughout this record is something that doesn't come out very often. It's literally like listening to poetry in motion... seriously, it's just awe inspiring music from start to finish. The way Kendrick switches his voice tone to properly convey his messages and connect the listener to his concepts and song writing is unrivaled. The skits are perfect... "This dikk ain't freeeeeeeeee" :wow:

Nobody else gives us deep spoken word poetry like this in the game. King Kendrick :king:

Oh and damn, the production that he had on this is :ohlawd:

The jazz feel, soooo soulful... :damn:

The Pac feature :whoo:

It's like Kendrick took on the hood mentality head on and rose above it to let people know there's more to our people than what is portrayed in the media.

Generational Game Changer

Thank you Kendrick
We been blessed by one of GOAT members of the site brehs....maybe I was wrong after all :wow:

I really wish rep was enabled right now :laff:

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
are people saying that this album is trash:sas2:?

shoulda took shyne po's advice:sas2:

too many yes men:sas2:

so far it has more acclaim than gkmc. many people thought it was impossible to top it but from a pure critical standpoint, this album is going to have a solid score of +90/100.

and the reception is better than gkmc

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
So much jazz and soul depth and blackness on this album.

I can see frail #Newblacks and cacs who rejoice over savage violence and bullshyt hating this album. Go listen to Young Thug

Kendrick did the damn thing on this joint.
fukk CACS, this album aint for them. as a matter of fact rap is not for cacs. cacs can fukk off.

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
Some dude's doing some creepy alien voice over a forced stale beat for 16 tracks and I'm supposed to be impressed? Ah-ha, ok.

Speaking fast and using multisyllabic words doesn't make someone a great rapper.

This album is nothing but INSIDIOUS. I don't care if Kendrick is being sarcastic or ironic, the negative black stereotypes he is peddling to wide audiences is disconcerting.

It will be very interesting to see if people will be still listening to this 2 months from now because it's pretty boring as a whole with only a few standouts, like ALRIGHT.

I don't know how an album can be considered perfection when the first 12 songs are borderline trash.

Last edited:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
This album is the album of the people, it's timeless. The execution Kendrick displayed throughout this record is something that doesn't come out very often. It's literally like listening to poetry in motion... seriously, it's just awe inspiring music from start to finish. The way Kendrick switches his voice tone to properly convey his messages and connect the listener to his concepts and song writing is unrivaled. The skits are perfect... "This dikk ain't freeeeeeeeee" :wow:

Nobody else gives us deep spoken word poetry like this in the game. King Kendrick :king:

Oh and damn, the production that he had on this is :ohlawd:

The jazz feel, soooo soulful... :damn:

The Pac feature :whoo:

It's like Kendrick took on the hood mentality head on and rose above it to let people know there's more to our people than what is portrayed in the media.

Generational Game Changer

Thank you Kendrick

Krit dropped a dope one on us a few years back though.