Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
How it sound, fam? I LOVED dotty a few years ago, fam. I been bit by a pitbull, smacked a nikka and robbed since. talk to me family! i want so bad for it to be good.
I know you probably gotta low tolerance for his alien voice

Well he uses a bunch of crazy ass voices on this shyt

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick was brave as fukk for sticking to his guns and putting this album out as is. I didn't even think an artist not named Nas could even put an album out this unapologetically BLACK on a mainstream level. Like I just KNOW Top Dawg had to fight behind the scenes for this one. I dont care how many albums GKMC sold I can guarantee there were battles about getting this out uncompromised.

This shyt feels like fresh water on dry land. I'm loving this shyt. The sounds, the themes, the cohesiveness, the lyricism. The PASSION. It literally sounds like Stankonia mixed with Untitled and Fear Of A Black Planet, it's fukking incredible.
It immediately reminded me of Stankonia and andre3000... This shyt is art. I'll be discovering different layers to each song and the storyline as a whole for weeks and months to come.

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick was brave as fukk for sticking to his guns and putting this album out as is. I didn't even think an artist not named Nas could even put an album out this unapologetically BLACK on a mainstream level. Like I just KNOW Top Dawg had to fight behind the scenes for this one. I dont care how many albums GKMC sold I can guarantee there were battles about getting this out uncompromised.

This shyt feels like fresh water on dry land. I'm loving this shyt. The sounds, the themes, the cohesiveness, the lyricism. The PASSION. It literally sounds like Stankonia mixed with Untitled and Fear Of A Black Planet, it's fukking incredible.
:wow:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
http://www.monarch-butterfly.com/
Digital-Booklet-To-Pimp-A-Butterfl-page-015.jpg
Abridged from: Monarch Mind Control Methodology: “Basic component of Monarch Program is sophisticated manipulation of the child’s mind to protect itself from extreme trauma by creating Multiple Personality Disorder [ MPD now DID Dissociative Identity Disorder]. The most inhumane severe torture is used on children to create extensive MPD. Then the various ALTERS (personalities) are found and programmed using state of the art mind-control.
Harmonics and sound waves are used to manipulate the RNA covering of neuron pathways to the subconscious. Harmonic generators code named ‘ether-wave’ are able to imbed detailed commands which are linked to audible triggers. This is one of the standard features of the Monarch program. It allows slaves to be controlled by trigger words which make no sense or seem to carry no negative connotation to outside listeners.\

kendrick-lamar-to-pimp-a-butterfly-leaked.jpg

Last edited:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Lemme check this out real quick. I'm not a big fan of son, so I can be more objective. All I see on twitter is cats screaming like it just ended oppression lol.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I think the album REALLY picks up second half...overall there's tracks I'm not feelin so much...and tracks I'm really feeling...album has a parliament funk/mixed with Jazz type vibe...I can't really gauge how u would feel about it...but I know what my fav tracks are...I could see u loving it...or really hating it...lol...

AKA THAT SHIR WACK

oooooooohhhh

welcome to a taste of chocolate.

that's why I fux wit Kris. He has one mission. ROCK THE PARTY. party got nikkas woulda robbed you innit.