Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Kendrick was brave as fukk for sticking to his guns and putting this album out as is. I didn't even think an artist not named Nas could even put an album out this unapologetically BLACK on a mainstream level. Like I just KNOW Top Dawg had to fight behind the scenes for this one. I dont care how many albums GKMC sold I can guarantee there were battles about getting this out uncompromised.

This shyt feels like fresh water on dry land. I'm loving this shyt. The sounds, the themes, the cohesiveness, the lyricism. The PASSION. It literally sounds like Stankonia mixed with Untitled and Fear Of A Black Planet, it's fukking incredible.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Rap version of "Black Messiah"

f5c1kz.jpg

2ylsq68.jpg

Spot on comparison.....I had the same thought while listening.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How it sound, fam? I LOVED dotty a few years ago, fam. I been bit by a pitbull, smacked a nikka and robbed since. talk to me family! i want so bad for it to be good.
I think the album REALLY picks up second half...overall there's tracks I'm not feelin so much...and tracks I'm really feeling...album has a parliament funk/mixed with Jazz type vibe...I can't really gauge how u would feel about it...but I know what my fav tracks are...I could see u loving it...or really hating it...lol...