Kendrick Lamar- The Pop Out Ken and Friends Concert in Los Angeles June 19th

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Let's temperature expectations here his last album did 295k...drakes last did 400k...700k would be a longshot for anyone

Last album did 295K WITHOUT the biggest single (The Heart Part 5) really being pushed, it was added on last minute and of course the subject matter being what it was, its a dark, moody album that didn’t lend itself to being “bumped” in cars, clubs, playlists, etc save for N95.

THIS time around you’ve got the hype of the battle, the Not Like Us hype, the concert hype, really any and all type of “hype” an artist can get right now, Kendrick’s got it. If the rumors are true and he actually drops a video for Not Like Us, his stock will be higher than any rapper’s of the last lets say 3 years or so.

I DO agree that maybe 700K is overreaching. I’d say 500K is definitely doable. I think he easily outsells Drake’s last album.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hope the show is monumental but i’m a temper my expectations. I don’t think the show will be nothing too crazy. The hype surrounding this show reminds me of when Kendrick headlined Coachella. Everyone was theorizing he was going to drop “Nation”. The secret Disk 2 of DAMN (with the blue background lol). When he didn’t announce anything. Many people were disappointed (who am I kidding, what I really mean is I was disappointed lol). The performance was great though.

And ain’t Kendrick’s part of the show only going to be from 5:45 to 7? I wonder how many songs can he do in that amount of time. I mean I guess it is like an album worth of songs. But the real question is will he perform NLU? If he doesn’t I’d be shocked but it’s a possibility he won’t.

Oh, and my guess on the surprise guest is Megan Thee Stallion. Her and Drake been subbing each other for a little while now. Plus Kendrick had a tasteful bar about her on Family Ties.

I tried to tell ya’ll in real time back then that that Nation bullshyt was just idiots on the internet looking too deeply into shyt. Nobody is dropping a “surprise” album THREE DAYS after they dropped the first one just because of some religious holiday, especially back in 2017 when CD’s were still an actual thing. It was always a ridiculous notion.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Last album did 295K WITHOUT the biggest single (The Heart Part 5) really being pushed, it was added on last minute and of course the subject matter being what it was, its a dark, moody album that didn’t lend itself to being “bumped” in cars, clubs, playlists, etc save for N95.

THIS time around you’ve got the hype of the battle, the Not Like Us hype, the concert hype, really any and all type of “hype” an artist can get right now, Kendrick’s got it. If the rumors are true and he actually drops a video for Not Like Us, his stock will be higher than any rapper’s of the last lets say 3 years or so.

I DO agree that maybe 700K is overreaching. I’d say 500K is definitely doable. I think he easily outsells Drake’s last album.

I can see 400-500k for sure. He's so up right now, everyone is gonna at least peep the album. Whether it sustains the streams/sales enough to hit such a high number will boil down to what it sounds like, if it's good etc. I don't get the impression he's going left with this album. And looking at the producers he tapped for the disses (Cardo, Sounwave, Alchemist, Mustard) it certainly seems like he was already recording the album at the time. Kinda points to a more modern sound but I'm sure there will be something unique about it. DAMN had a very interesting mixture of modern sounds with harder, traditional snares/drums. Mr Morale was heavily driven by the piano, including some odd time signatures you don't expect to hear in modern music.

Maybe the rock rumors are true and he's got guitars or something mixed with rap production. Maybe it's more west coast than even GKMC was.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt Cole shows up but man....if he shows up to perform and give a kumbaya speech I'm gonna be laughing my ass off for weeks. Not even on some disrespectful shyt, it would just mean that Drake disgusted him so much he had to show out for his homie.
*Ten minutes into a speech *

Cole: what I’m trying to say is, today should be a remembrance of where we came from, how we all worked together to achieve freedom and

Dot: fukk all that, where my real NEGUS at, where my real nikkas at? Let’s go Mustard

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I feel like the biggest potential shock guest would be Rihanna. Biggest potential non shock (ie wouldn't be surprising) would be Dre.

I doubt Cole shows up but man....if he shows up to perform and give a kumbaya speech I'm gonna be laughing my ass off for weeks. Not even on some disrespectful shyt, it would just mean that Drake disgusted him so much he had to show out for his homie.

Cole gon show up and they'll play their new collab from "The Fall Off" :blessed:

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal