Kendrick Lamar - The Heart pt. 5 official video

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There are maybe 5 people who can get a Marvin Gaye sample cleared. Daps to his team. I assume this won't be on the album but maybe the beat will (similar to how a beat on Heart IV ended up on DAMN).

Video aside, even the Nip thing aside...again I like it. I'm usually pretty confident with Kendrick since he literally has never missed...but I did have a fear coming into this. IE that hanging about Keem would result in some weirdo shyt. But he's rapping like himself on here, and it's dope. I don't really see anyone saying the lyrics suck or the rapping is bad. It's dope. And I'm looking forward to the album.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If you asked me to play this even at a smoke session or a kickback I’m revoking your wifi privileges at the crib and taking away the aux cord.

don’t do this.

this is for headphones, only.

Thia argument is outdated. Hip hop is not underground anymore. 10 years ago people used this thinking for J Cole and now chicks know about J Cole just as much as nggas.

Also you said kickback not a club. If it’s really a true ‘kickback’ you should be playing more than just ‘top 40’ and/or just Future and Drake

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You’re obsessed. Get a life.
You’ve been doing this for years. it’s never that serious.
Don’t do this shyt. I have my critiques of his shyt. Just like Cole. Y’all gotta take the good with the bad. I respect his ability to stretch out lyrics but he’s needlessly verbose and lacks density. Look at Lupe for example. Way higher nutrient density there per bar. Kendrick can condense entire verses in two bars if he wanted to but people think him drawing it out means he’s better at it. I maintain, he’s not.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Thia argument is outdated. Hip hop is not underground anymore. 10 years ago people used this thinking for J Cole and now chicks know about J Cole just as much as nggas.

Also you said kickback not a club. If it’s really a true ‘kickback’ you should be playing more than just ‘top 40’ and/or just Future and Drake
I’m not asking for a strip club anthem. I can play alt-R&B and Goldlink and the new IDK and Vince Staples etc. don’t play me like I’m asking for fukking Lil Baby and Gucci and EST Gee drops to liven shyt up.

THIS song is not to be played in public. Stop it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm usually pretty confident with Kendrick since he literally has never missed...but I did have a fear coming into this. IE that hanging about Keem would result in some weirdo shyt. But he's rapping like himself on here, and it's dope.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There are maybe 5 people who can get a Marvin Gaye sample cleared. Daps to his team. I assume this won't be on the album but maybe the beat will (similar to how a beat on Heart IV ended up on DAMN).

Video aside, even the Nip thing aside...again I like it. I'm usually pretty confident with Kendrick since he literally has never missed...but I did have a fear coming into this. IE that hanging about Keem would result in some weirdo shyt. But he's rapping like himself on here, and it's dope. I don't really see anyone saying the lyrics suck or the rapping is bad. It's dope. And I'm looking forward to the album.

They’re blood cousins. They’ve literally been “hanging out” around each other ALL their lives lol