Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if kendricks vaults ever got opened....

i'm telling yall breh got throw aways that put people to shame

i've been saying this for years. he has that weird ass dr. dre perfectionism shyt tho, probably why they get along. a lot of shyt just gets locked up and we'll never hear it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lol...The album has the universal acclaim. He hasn't heard shyt...he follows the same pattern all the time: a mainstream/more traditional rap album, then an underground or more musical album, then a traditional rap album, then underground or more musical album again.

This has been confirmed by pgl affiliates as well. He targets a different audience with each album. Previous album did what it was supposed to, its acclaimed for its great musical composition.

It's his worse reviewed album and easily his worst album dude. It's not bad but a lot of people didn't fukk with it at the time. People try to argue it was some high brow shyt or similar to TPAB but the album is full of commercial and mainstream sounding tracks that just aren't that good. The highs (Father Time, Rich Spirit, Savior) are high but eh...disappointing album to most people.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's his worse reviewed album and easily his worst album dude. It's not bad but a lot of people didn't fukk with it at the time. People try to argue it was some high brow shyt or similar to TPAB but the album is full of commercial and mainstream sounding tracks that just aren't that good. The highs (Father Time, Rich Spirit, Savior) are high but eh...disappointing album to most people.
Thats his best album to me. Worse reviewed? That's section 80, factually.
Nah, it's a lot more musically layered than TPAB, thats for sure.

derro13

All Star
Daps
1.Tpab
2.Morale
3.s80
4.gkmc
5.damn

Music fans consider Morale as his best album tbh. It's TPAB on steroids but I still got tpab #1 because of Wesley Theory :wow:

derro13

All Star
Daps
Charlamagne da god is right, in retrospect Mr Morale has a strong argument as Kendrick's magnum opus...its a flawless musically composed album :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Mr Morale is a great fukkin album and personally I rank it above to pimp a butterfly. I don’t get the amount of slander it gets compared to the cookie cutter shyt that gets released in hip hop.
It's a classic to me, but I feel like alot of people weren't mature enough to understand that album.

People were expecting a more commercial album after DAMN, but when it wasn't that, people wrote it off.

I place it behind TPAB as kendrick's second best album personally.

derro13

All Star
Daps
"the album is full of commercial and mainstream sounding tracks"...you got "mainstream" and "gana elements" confused bruh.