Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's hard to quantify "most popular diss record" because....for example, "Hit Em Up" was a B-side. It obviously had a video but it wasn't pushed as a single.

Neither was this but due to social media you don't have to really push a hot song.

Basically what I'm saying is it's virtually impossible to compare 90's diss records to this (or any modern diss record) because the internet didn't exist back then. "Hit Em Up" was huge in hip-hop but diss records post-internet are huge across pop culture, in general.

Fred.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It's crazy how demonic Meet the Graham's was to the point, it's not even brought up. shyt was diabocal and honestly killed Drake despite Euphoria being the better song.

Not Like Us is basically Dre Day. Safe for the radio and menacing.

Meet The Graham's that breh that caught bodies but you wouldn't know that because he's low key in Mississippi :demonic:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy how demonic Meet the Graham's was to the point, it's not even brought up. shyt was diabocal and honestly killed Drake despite Euphoria being the better song.

Meet The Graham's that breh that caught bodies but you wouldn't know that because he's low key in Mississippi :demonic:

Speaking of "Meet The Grahams", Kendrick's people doubling and tripling down on it:

Fred.

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@FreshAIG @hex

Didn't want to make a new thread but was talking to my nikka at G Unit (they exist for touring and mixing for the shows) and they said while Kendrick did split his publishing he has a real favorable split. Keeps majority of touring and merch too.

Where as Drake and 50 have to even pay back to the companies to perform their own track in public. 50s not as bad but drake's whole catalagoue is owned. So when Drake performs he's still paying Lucian for his own music Performed even on tour. Why kendrick said he's happy to show the split.

Drake still getting a bag but he sold full publishing. That includes any public performance. Why kendrick was happy to shut that down. Made sense to me when I thought about it. But you two know your ish but thought I'd share that. You two may already known tho

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

And the fact it came 20 minutes after Drake "pushed the red button" was absolute perfection.. Most of the world didn't even hear Drake's song before Kendrick's much better reply was out. Then a couple hours later you get Not Like Us on the radio 15 times a day

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@FreshAIG @hex

Didn't want to make a new thread but was talking to my nikka at G Unit (they exist for touring and mixing for the shows) and they said while Kendrick did split his publishing he has a real favorable split. Keeps majority of touring and merch too.

Where as Drake and 50 have to even pay back to the companies to perform their own track in public. 50s not as bad but drake's whole catalagoue is owned. So when Drake performs he's still paying Lucian for his own music Performed even on tour. Why kendrick said he's happy to show the split.

Drake still getting a bag but he sold full publishing. That includes any public performance. Why kendrick was happy to shut that down. Made sense to me when I thought about it. But you two know your ish but thought I'd share that. You two may already known tho

Nah thanks for the info homie.

I didn't 100% know but given the context clues around Drake's career I had a feeling it was something like you described.

Fred.

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah thanks for the info homie.

I didn't 100% know but given the context clues around Drake's career I had a feeling it was something like you described.

Fred.
Why Kendrick happy to go there. Yes he has splits but they don't extend to tours and merch etc.

I asked my boss Hoffman who Dre regards as the best live engineer in the game and he just said He doesn't care because he hates LA Reid who's somehow wrapped up in this. Lol. La Reid is hated

• Haha
Reactions: hex