Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Tweets like this from A&Rs is probably who Kendrick was talking about..

"I can't go for it dawg I'm sorry"

Nobody asked you my guy. Nobody even knows who you are.
0nPX60l.png

These industry people act like they're celebrities. Shut up.
DKt04lZ.png

Fred.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Again, in every battle we’ve seen before people chose sides. This is the first time NOBODY drew for the other opponent while the juice was with one person. When Nas was flaying Jay-Z the rest of Roc-A-Fella didn’t fall silent. They went to work. Nas even preemptively started beef with Dip Set merely because they were signed with the Roc which led to a whole separate beef that lasted longer than Nas and Hov’s did. Artists on Murda Inc weren’t silent when 50 was bodying Ja and he still had certain artists on his side.

Literally not ONE SINGLE artist stepped in on Drake’s behalf. They mostly stayed silent or joined in on trying to bring him down. Future, The Weeknd, Asap Rocky, Rick Ross. Metro dropped the very first DISS BEAT and had MC’s from all over the world mocking Drake. 21 Savage just put out the biggest album of his career that happened to be a collab album with Drake. Crickets. When Remy Ma was head-butting Nicki Minaj, she had to RUN to Drake and Wayne for assistance. Now when Drake is getting his ass whopped up and down the proverbial street she says NOTHING. Not even a supportive tweet. Drake inherited Wayne’s beef with Pusha T and got flame broiled because of it. Wayne acted like this battle with Kendrick hasn’t even happened. Silence chooses sides, and everyone important to the current culture of hip hop wants to see this man sent packing back to whence he came.

Yea Kendrick said “fukk the industry” and was rewarded with a number 1 song and universal acclaim. That doesn’t happen when anyone with any true power or pull is angry with you. Their ALL angry with Drake and Kendrick is the vessel with which the message has been delivered loud and clear.

It’s unprecedented. I wouldn’t be surprised if Drake takes the whole summer off and tries to mend fences with the artists, producers, and executives he’s offended over the years (sans Kendrick. That beef will be everlasting) because this battle has proven that people REALLY detest that man and its not because of simple hate or jealousy. His cultural cache is shattered.
All I’m saying is when public perception just 3 weeks ago was that Kendrick was scared and getting bullied by Drake I didn’t see any non affiliates going to bat for him either. Damn sure wasn’t snoop which was surprising. Go look at Top tweets during that period and after it was clear Kendrick won. He said it was obvious a lot of people didn’t like Kendrick. Kendrick said it in euphoria about the west coast

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
All I’m saying is when public perception just 3 weeks ago was that Kendrick was scared and getting bullied by Drake I didn’t see any non affiliates going to bat for him either. Damn sure wasn’t snoop which was surprising. Go look at Top tweets during that period and after it was clear Kendrick won. He said it was obvious a lot of people didn’t like Kendrick. Kendrick said it in euphoria about the west coast

And when public perception was that Kendrick was scared did other artists start piling on? Who was dissing Kendrick trying to get fame or clout? Who made two entire albums dedicated to airing out grievances with him? Nobody. Only Akademicks was trumpeting that Kendrick was on the clock, everybody else was waiting, seemingly ready to back Kendrick, then Cole got on stage and apologized to Kendrick and the anticipation only grew. Snoop is not of this generation he’s old school. I’m talking about artists, producers, movers and shakers of the generation Drake and Kendrick were in. When Drake was going at Kendrick it would’ve been a perfect time for anyone still feeling salty about Control (Jay Electronica) or who had had previous problems with Kendrick (Big Sean) to pile on go at him. Nobody did except Lupe Fiasco, who again isn’t of their generation and kept his shyt to Twitter.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't want to make a random new Kendrick thread about this but ill ask since Im in this thread...is it me or does Sza act like she wasn't on the same label as Dot and doesn't speak on his music

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I didn't want to make a random new Kendrick thread about this but ill ask since Im in this thread...is it me or does Sza act like she wasn't on the same label as Dot and doesn't speak on his music

You could make the same thread about how Drake was probably a fukking weirdo when they "dated" and that's why she doesn't speak on Drake either :ohhh:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You could make the same thread about how Drake was probably a fukking weirdo when they "dated" and that's why she doesn't speak on Drake either :ohhh:

I'm more of a Kendrick fan than a Drake fan if you were trying to imply something but I agree he probably was a weirdo when they dated. Even she was like wtf at the random "I dated Sza in 08" line. Clearly started doing songs with her because Rihanna worked with Kendrick and wanted to be petty by taking pics and doing songs with the girl on TDE

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The beef is over thats where we at.

Drake can’t counterpunch Not Like Us. Kendrick won lyrically, conceptually, on the charts, in the streets, the entire industry is backing him in way we have NEVER seen. When Nas stomped Jay-Z, Hov still had the industry at large in his corner. When 50 steamrolled Ja, Ja still had artists and certain industry types in his corner and was able to go Platinum until the Feds shut down Murda Inc. Even when Drake was smacking Meek around, Nicki still was supporting him and he still had Philly in his corner.

NOBODY drew for Drake when Kendrick was cooking him. NOBODY was in his corner. NOBODY wanted to jump in and attack Kendrick even for 15 minutes of clout. If anything, Kendrick’s dismantling of Drake gave everyone in the industry who has secretly hated the man the courage to go at him. Kendrick was TRULY what the culture is feeling when it comes to Drake and I think perhaps for the first time, he truly understands how loathed he and his behavior is. And THATS why it’s over. Because Drake knows he can’t win, the culture has spoken. And they spoke for Kendrick. Its the first time in mainstream battle history that the culture UNANIMOUSLY told an artist to “Get the entire F U C K outta here!” Ether was such a momentous come back and a nuke of epic proportions but Nas was the avatar of a culture that wanted to see Hov humbled, not eviscerated. Kendrick Lamar is the avatar of a culture who wanted to see Drake decimated, gutted, severely punished for his sins, flayed, torched, and disemboweled. This is the first time that i’ve gotten the feeling that absolutely nobody, from Lil Wayne to PartyNextDoor, would care one bit if Drake’s career was over and he disappeared from public consciousness after this.

What fukked Drake up even more is the fact that he been on his Eminem shyt for years with the sneak dissing and subliminal disses to women in the music industry and entertainment industry at large. That is a bad look as a man. From Rihanna, to Serena to Jorja Smith. He even was bytching a few years back about Esperanda Spalding winning a Grammy over him. Just like women are big consumers of what gets played in the clubs, how you talk about women also gives you a certain rep in the industry. When famous women hear you talk about all their peers a certain way they look at you funny and start talking about you.

Drake Receives Backlash for Dissing Singer Esperanza Spalding on New Song 'Away From Home'

Rihanna Caught Another Stray From Drake According To Fans, And Now They're Calling Him Out

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I'm more of a Kendrick fan than a Drake fan if you were trying to imply something but I agree he probably was a weirdo when they dated. Even she was like wtf at the random "I dated Sza in 08" line. Clearly started doing songs with her because Rihanna worked with Kendrick and wanted to be petty by taking pics and doing songs with the girl on TDE

There's your thread :wow:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
One thing that isn't mentioned enough is Drake's whole 1 v 20 campaign doesn't really stand up because as soon as Euphoria dropped, everyone knew what time it was and shut the fukk up. Rocky, Ross, Future, Metro, Weeknd didn't say a word and let Kendrick run iso on him.

The man that likes to play victim.