Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. He needs to go on vacation and come back with "God's Plan 2" or some sh*t.

Fred.
Honestly that's the best angle he can take to recover from this L when he comes back after a break. Everyone loves an underdog. Make the lyrics introspective and admit his faults (not the pedobl shyt or the daughter obviously) like his misogynistic behaviour, ego getting too big etc.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one thing that slightly concerns me is Birdman cooking up some evil shyt for anyone fukking with his hoe and his money. I can feel it that nikka dont give a fukk about no rap battle or no culture, only his pockets.
You mean street shyt?
Growing up in the environment he grew up in I'm sure Kdot knows how to move when out of town. As far as the west, he's good. Just cause he don't promote the lifestyle don't mean he ain't heavily affiliated lol

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
The actual raps ain’t that great.

The beat is good, but kendrick sound kinda corny on it.

That was my first impression.

People having fun with the song cause they having fun clowning drake.

But if anyone is being honest the verses are meh, especially for a diss song.

We already seen twitter cacs thought of all the hot lines first, so you can’t even pretend them shyts was that great.

DJ Mustard won :ehh:
I don’t disagree here, but dude quoted my first impressions of the song, and from a rap/diss standpoint i didn’t think it was that good.

I will say, going in to the battle all people were talking about was “who’s the best rapper” “Big 3” etc.

It’s pretty ironic that kendrick won through streams and memes not “bars”

I think people just tired of Drake and he really had no chance either way. :manny:
:what:

man just take the L and move on

the bold sentence above. i just cant. there might be 12 people on earth who believe that and im pretty sure theyre ALL in this thread :mindblown:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
:what:

man just take the L and move on

the bold sentence above. i just cant. there might be 12 people on earth who believe that and im pretty sure theyre ALL in this thread :mindblown:
Aubrey’s Owelettes have been embarrassing themselves, whether dudes on the Coli or actual media folks like Mal and Ish. Drake has lost in every single metric in music during this beef. He’s basically the Meek Mill of this beef. He’s lost in sales, charts, pure rapping, and what were supposed to be his biggest calling cards — actual song making and social media/meme culture. He’s getting fried all over tv publicly, as Kendrick’s songs are in the background of the playoffs, both in studio and during the games themselves. They’re ringing off at graduations, weddings, etc. This is clearly a major Drake L to everyone except a fraction of Drake’s actual fanbase. It’s as clear as peak Usain Bolt smoking the rest of the field.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. You can’t convince me that he writes any of his content at this point
I was the same but trying to be objective and not let my hate cloud my judgement I was thinking surely he would do some writing especially early on. I was thinking how would a nobody trying to make it in rap have ghostwriters from the start. But then I remembered he's from an upper class neighbourhood and TV show money so could probably afford it right from the beginning. Pretty sure there was rumours the nickleus f was his ghostwriter for his early tapes.

If we believe how story of being a battle rap fan and give him your benifit of the doubt I'm sure he done his fair share of writing with help that gradually increased as he got bigger.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of person is running up the numbers on it?
0uYet4Q.png

Fred.
Finally listening to it in the car and actually hearing the drums/bassline after only hearing it on my phone it does sound a bit more upbeat or flows better.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like he said 8 years ago...

When the higher-ups have all come together as a collective
With conspiracies to end my run and send me a message

nikkas been praying on his downfall since he got in the industry
You guys are delusional. Why would higher ups want to destroy their own cash cow. I'm not a fan of Drake but they had the perfect formula to print money. He was the face as a trainer actor, with a team of writers to churn out hits. Even the ghostwriter exposal didn't slow him down as most of his target audience didn't care.
Also a lot of his colabs were mutually beneficial.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Aubrey's angels, you're persistent I'll give you that :dead:
Think you guys have almost played every angle to try deflect the L
The main people pushing the "hip hop culture" angle are white boys js and hip hop to them is gang culture/ gun raps and yeah. They don't like seeing successful black people any other way