Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Btw, when this song dropped people referenced newer artists who use similar flow Kendrick used especially in the 2nd verse, I'm not really too familiar with any newer artists (like rappers born in late90s or early 00s or so) so I can't really tell. I saw Royce mentioned some Detroit/mid-west artist too..

But...to me the 2nd verse (some parts in the 1st) sounds more like E-40 (or sometimes maybe even WC)? Or am I bugging/just old, lol?

@SunZoo @Insensitive

SOBxRBE if he was leaning into a bay sound (he did mention Oakland, really it all goes back to DB da General though). Wouldn't be surprised if he was doing homage to Drakeo, since him and Mustard are from LA. Don't see why he'd imitate a detroit artist though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
DROP

DROP

DROP

DROP

:mjlol:

Drake now:
SkyvOTd.png

Fred.

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
SOBxRBE if he was leaning into a bay sound (he did mention Oakland, really it all goes back to DB da General though). Wouldn't be surprised if he was doing homage to Drakeo, since him and Mustard are from LA. Don't see why he'd imitate a detroit artist though.

There is always this argument of where the flow originally came from. In Kendrick's case I personally feel he is paying homage to Drakeo and the Bay.

But those two and detroit artist take so much and exchange with each other no on really know's who came with and developed the flow first

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
There is always this argument of where the flow originally came from. In Kendrick's case I personally feel he is paying homage to Drakeo and the Bay.

But those two and detroit artist take so much and exchange with each other no on really know's who came with and developed the flow first
He even managed to fit in go dumb right after mentioning Oakland