Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Song is great, so many references lyrical and sonically. I think the older heads can appreciate this way more than younger cats. It took me back to the 80's and 90's.
Song is great, so many references lyrical and sonically. I think the older heads can appreciate this way more than younger cats. It took me back to the 80's and 90's.
And the (certain group will get it more than others ) comment . Kendrick fans the new Nas fans.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Eh, I appreciated the funk tribute but song kinda sucked :yeshrug:. Can see what Kendrick was trying to do but didn't pull it off.

Very unconvincing for me, but kudos for the effort. Lots of people hype Kendrick to me, but I'm yet to be significantly impressed so far. He could be much better than he is IMO. Blacker The Berry was much better overall.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the (certain group will get it more than others ) comment . Kendrick fans the new Nas fans.
So you telling me this song doesn't have a 80's 90's rap sound to it? I know that as soon as i play this for a couple of old gumpy hiphop fans they are going to like it simple because it has a 90's vibe to it. As opposed to some 90's babies that aint gonna like the way it sounds at all.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
So you telling me this song doesn't have a 80's 90's rap sound to it? I know that as soon as i play this for a couple of old gumpy hiphop fans they are going to like it simple because it has a 90's vibe to it. As opposed to some 90's babies that aint gonna like the way it sounds at all.
No, not at all. It just doesnt sound good. Duckworth came lazy as fukk...

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Kendrick dikkriders are out because we like the song :patrice:
I'm not saying people are wrong for not enjoying it because I have some complaints to but I never gave into the hype and actually enjoy it though I'm not saying most people who didn't like it gave into the hype.
Overall I think it's good and his verses on here were really nice.
Though it could have been better with less of the chorus and more rapping instead of the long stretches with just beats imo :manny:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Kendrick dikkriders are out because we like the song :patrice:
I'm not saying people are wrong for not enjoying it because I have some complaints to but I never gave into the hype and actually enjoy it though I'm not saying most people who didn't like it gave into the hype.
Overall I think it's good and his verses on here were really nice.
Though it could have been better with less of the chorus and more rapping instead of the long stretches with just beats imo :manny:
Like it's a crime to fukk with someones music heavy. I don't get it. Why does it make people upset? So upset they waste time posting negativity.

People calling this trash, I get you saying it's not that good, I didn't really like it, it's not for me, but TRASH? Come on. Then I'll see them in other threads going crazy over some subpar bullshyt

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I wonder who Kendrick is talking about

I can dig rapping, but a rapper with a ghost writer
What the fukk happened?
(Oh no) I swore I wouldn't tell
But most of you share bars like you got the bottom bunk in a two man cell
(A two man cell)

I remember you was conflicted, misusing your influence :mjcry: