Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well this the angle drake coming at next it seems

He going to Virginia Williams himself

:pachaha:he bouta get his fukking back kicked in if this the weak shyt he coming back with. Makes him look to p*ssy to shot directly at the man.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I’m not calling this ether lol, but history repeats itself. Media outlets and the industry was trying to force the narrative that Jay won for months… the streets kept saying different and everything eventually corrected itself and history now has Nas as the winner.
They were saying the same shyt people are saying now!! That he didn’t divulge anything, he isn’t saying anything new, he is just making jokes about his looks in the song… I’m just sitting back watching this.
I was still in junior high when Takeover/Ether dropped & my pops ain’t let me listen to hip hop radio stations growing up but by the time high school rolled around I was a huge Jay Stan, finally heard both records and immediately downplayed Ether as some inferior product (eerily similar to what you see Drake Stan’s doing right now)…..

…..it wasn’t until my mid to late 20’s that my perspective on Jay did a 180 and I admitted Jay really lost. I can’t speak for Drake fans but seeing Jay as this braggadocio guy who was super confident had nice shyt and my confidence wasn’t really the best, didn’t have the best clothes, it might’ve played into being a Stan for Jay.

I say all of that to say, one perspective that I haven’t really seen mentioned is you can’t authenticate real feelings. A large portion of the younger generation really fukks with genuine shyt. I talked to a 22 year old the other day who was telling me about fukking MF Doom & Earl Sweatshirt.

Drake is great for turn ups and going out but turnups are not 24/7. You want shyt that sits with you and that’s the problem Drake is having and is why you will find a LOT of the younger gen truly fukks with Kendrick because he bares his soul and addresses a lot of genuine topics.

It’s gonna spill itself out in this battle where any song Drake drops, people will just slowly tune out and go right back to the Kendrick song. Aubrey is too big to fail but this really could be the beginning of a shift to not every Drake song is captivating the masses as soon as it drops. Lowkey it kinda started with Search & Rescue but I digress.

Last edited: