Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

jay-z-laughing.gif

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:That shyt just paper talk.
Two things, either:

1) JayZ is once again just the image of rap to the white execs and has no decision making (that would be sad)

2) JayZ has a strong influence and they agree with his choice by default

I’m going with the second part as different acts have stated Hov has called them or when 50 said Hov didn’t want him but Em refused otherwise

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:That shyt just paper talk.
Two things, either:

1) JayZ is once again just the image of rap to the white execs and has no decision making (that would be sad)

2) JayZ has a strong influence and they agree with his choice by default

I’m going with the second part as different acts have stated Hov has called them or when 50 said Hov didn’t want him but Em refused otherwise

Roc Nation probably provides the short list. But it makes sense that the City should be the one that makes the final decision. They're the ones hosting after all.

After that RocNation is responsible for the logistics of the actual show.

It's wild that people think that one person has the power to dictate to a whole City who should be allowed to perform at their premium event.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne just doesn't have that draw to lead a super bowl anymore.. he could feature all day but host? Nah..

Drake would have to be the lead

Pretty much every halftime show featured an artist that could do an arena tour at the time of their performance.. Wayne can't do that right now..

You think dr Dre could do a solo arena tour right now?

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Roc Nation probably provides the short list. But it makes sense that the City should be the one that makes the final decision. They're the ones hosting after all.

After that RocNation is responsible for the logistics of the actual show.

It's wild that people think that one person has the power to dictate to a whole City who should be allowed to perform at their premium event.
I don’t disagree with this or even the process

But the JayZ influence cannot be removed from this either.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I just hate the Wayne disrespect I’m seeing online. It’s possible to have an opinion and big up a great artist without disrespecting another great……..If Wayne were to die everyone will be singing their RIPS, making comments on how he influenced a whole generation of hip hop…..etc, etc, etc ….I hate the internet sometimes

It's crazy he's top 10 to top 5 all day. I'm not mad at K.Dot getting it and Wayne my GOAT after Pac. I don't feel he'd be the best performer but mf always talk about he been fell off for 10 years when he really has had a great resurgence in the last 6 years. Every verse that drops people say it's hot then when we talk about him.in general they'll say he's fell off.. He been killing features at a high rate in the last couple years too

concise

Veteran
Daps
When Drake (allegedly) blocked Kenny’s people from performing in Canada, it was all fun and games.

Now Kenny blocks Wayne from performing at the Superbowl in NO....this sh*t ain't funny no more? Why? I thought this is what you cats wanted, petty power moves?

No? :jbhmm:

Fred.

They thought that was just cute. :laff:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They got plenty of time to work out the details. If Wayne don't want to be a guest he could always get B.G. or Master P to pop up