☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There was nothing reactionary about TPAB. The man literally went to South Africa and was inspired to make the album. Came home to the violence of gang shyt killing his homies and figured he needed to speak on it. Those are not only his words but everyone who worked on the album said that was the inspiration. It wasn't "BLM shyt is hot so lets do that."

He made a great album at a perfect time. And every album before and after that has gone in a different direction/sound. His inspiration artistically is far more in line with a David Bowie or Janet Jackson than just rap shyt. He's trying to advance the ball creatively. Sometimes it works (TPAB), sometimes it doesn't (Mr Morale). But I will salute any artist who is being creative and trying things, vs being reactionary and rapping over the same beats as everyone, jumping on the same wave as everyone, etc.

Yeah. Reactionary.

I'm not responding to the Indian poster on this anymore btw, and would encourage others to do the same. It's the same bullshyt arguments over and over every year. Even in his down year Kendrick outside your boy's first week and went on an arena tour.

I'm not indian you goofy bytch.

You gonna have to do more than talk about album sales cuz.

Lets talk MUSIC.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Then we on two different planes, I already stated in this thread punchlines ain’t my measuring stick for a good verse. I’d rather have a complete story, a la nas, vs a bunch of random lines, lil Wayne. But if that style is more appealing to you, I get it, but that’s not making cole better or Kendrick worse IMO, that’s just what you like
c&c is too dense. only line you can just quote is the lightning bolt line. thats why everybody was saying gunplay washed him on it. cole verse i posted you can say in a cypher and have people attention throughout it. you cant really do that with kendrick verses. and thats what holds him back from connecting with majority of rap fans like cole and drake has.

Don't let me tell it. Industry people know it too.

:hubie:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This shyt is an amazing flex to you? Bar complexity = simple, delivery = every battle rap ever, presence = average

Cartoon and Cereal is a harder K Dot verse and that’s without me thinking.
oh now, we're denying the ability to fukking rap now?

See this is why I keep mentioning Wale.

Kendrick is a spoken word artist who came out in an era when people were still chasing radio hits so he was kinda doing this meandering dense flow and it wowed people. I get it. Plus he kinda had that early Soundcloud wave so people were eager for shyt that wasn't totally radio oriented.

I GET IT.

He was street but had a philosopher's element to him. He was affiliated but wasn't totally banging.

I GET IT. I was there. I know.

And trust me, nothing he said went over my head, in case yall wanna use that too.

Heres the thing. He's just never capable of blowing me away. And that OK. But youre' gonna have to talk different to a guy like me who grew up on Reggae, R&B/Soul/Classics and Rap music in THAT order. I've always been impressed by lyrics and style and presentation. Kendrick was NEVER that nice. I BEEN knew that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
kendrick has never displayed a verse like this

and i despise j cole and kendrick in my personal top 10.

you prolly gone bring up nosestalgia but it does not hit like this cole verse.

And whats fukked up is that IMO Benny is kinda overrated IMO and he's still KINDA nice. I'll let him rock. He's just kinda corny. He's not Conway or Gunn...

And J Cole's evolution beyond "the spitter' to just a dope artist in his own right in the last 4 years has been totally worth his capacity to be respected by stoics like me. Dude always wanted to be among the Talib's but didn't have the content or skill so he just kept working and its paying off. He needs the songs to back it up but he's improving so I gotta tip my hat to that.

Kendrick CANT do this. He's uncomfortable actually making lyric-bar-punchline-entendre raps. He can't do it. We'd have seen it by now if he could. Drake can do it, thats why he's just making shyt he wants to listen to.

Show me one example of Kendrick doing this.

Can someone tell me what Kendrick's entire point on this song is?

Don't get me wrong. AMAZING song chorus, great moment in time, great visualizations, amazing sonics, the entire presentation was A1.

...but Kendrick's lyrics? HUH? :dahell:

Bruh just...rambling and yall letting him get away with this basic shyt.

NO ONE else could come off this weak and get props. Theres no drake single THIS weak. NONE. These are Wiz Khalifa tier bars.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
181283.jpg

The whole 2Pac/Kendrick thing is one of the cringiest things ever.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Lmao, as if he was ever considered one of the GOAT rappers...

Kendrick did what 90s rappers have done already. He's just done that in a mediocre era. It's like being a great basketball player on a treadmill team that's 8th seed/can't make the playoffs.
Who are all these rappers in the 90s with catalogues as good as Kendrick's?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick Lamar is a GOAT and if fukking Charles Hamilton and Lupe Fiasco dropped an album or collaborated with
some of THE MOST progressive black musical minds to come about in the last 15 years, they'd get swallowed harder
in the booth than they do now. :pachaha:
You can't win with people who don't respect the sheer fukking AUDACITY of someone as big as Kendrick Lamar to FOREGO
the safe bet.

He could've easily slapped together some cliche "real west coast" album for his second major label release.
Instead he fukking hooks up with Thundercat & Kamasi Washington :dead:

We CANNOT have a realistic discussion about Kendrick Lamar the artist because so many people WILL NOT acknowledge
that bro is actually pretty fukking daring and tries to avoid many Cliche's we've come to expect from Hip-Hop.

"Oh no!! You didn't just record twelve records with a 16-bar loop playing in the background, stale overdone drum patterns and
played out sample flips that fukking Premier discovered over two decades ago !!! " - TheBoothRegulars

Sanctimonious cop out

Homie caught writer’s block and didn’t have the mettle nor passion to capture or defend the crown, so he’s hiding behind the tortured artist schtick…it’s a different kinda pressure when you’re actually “THE guy”…when everyone from the fans to the labels rely on you to carry the game on your back…when you’re tasked with consistently providing the culture with impactful moments and guiding the game …and he wants no parts of it

I peeped the pump fake immediately after the aftermath of the control verse…he got all these props for rapping about hypothetically battling and destroying emcees, then proceeded to duck all smoke and not actually full on engage and battle ANYBODY :pachaha:

He has his lane and none of this is to diminish what he actually is as an artist…but this “greatest rapper” shyt was never really in him

He never said he wanted to battle rap anybody though.
Looking back, he said he wanted to be at the top of the game and perform better
than his peers.

:yeshrug:
He did just that.
Many people turned to slinging battle rap tracks instead of writing dope albums.
:yeshrug:

Last edited: