Kena: Bridge of Spirits(PS5, PS4,PC)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the “hats” offer me zero incentives to collect

so that eliminates the need for me to really do too much exploring

game is a huge letdown

I saw a tweet billing it the “PS2 (yes PS2) game of the year” like that’s supposed to be “endearing”

gameplay is very outdated and leaves a lot to be desired

I’m just completing it cuz I paid for it and it’s short

there are a few bright spots here and there re: gameplay that involves the puzzles/combat

the graphics go w/o saying and the score is very good at times

story/cutscenes are pretty good too

unfortunately this plays like a glorified PS3 game

and it doesn’t do anything particularly new/well as far as gameplay

not a bad game…about 7/10

but I expected so much more

take was a little harsh…I’m really enjoying the puzzles the game has to offer…that’s one thing it does very well as I’m finishing the game up…8/10 but still very disappointed in the lack of incentives that would encourage exploring the world and the limitations involved for exploring said world as it plays very similar to god of war/uncharted…ie the markings in the stone that clue you into what can be climbed, grabbed etc.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
take was a little harsh…I’m really enjoying the puzzles the game has to offer…that’s one thing it does very well as I’m finishing the game up…8/10 but still very disappointed in the lack of incentives that would encourage exploring the world and the limitations involved for exploring said world as it plays very similar to god of war/uncharted…ie the markings in the stone that clue you into what can be climbed, grabbed etc.

Your disappointment sounds like it stems from a sense of bloated expectations that I'm not sure why you even had, considering the size of the studio and that it's literally their first game. This isn't a Cyberpunk situation where the promised you the world or anything, lol.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your disappointment sounds like it stems from a sense of bloated expectations that I'm not sure why you even had, considering the size of the studio and that it's literally their first game. This isn't a Cyberpunk situation where the promised you the world or anything, lol.

A to Z shyt…of course being disappointed that it plays like am outdated game doesn’t warrant comparison to cyberpunk’s failure nor does it let the studio off the hook just bcuz they’re indy lol smh…about 70% of this thread is “bloated expectations” based on the graphics and the anticipated gameplay as well as comparisons to other games early on…that’s “normal” by arcadium standards and drives a lot of threads here…but ultimately this is a very pretty game with the gameplay leaving a lot to be desired…it’s ok to say that and not get defensive bcuz it’s an exclusive

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A to Z shyt…being disappointed that it plays like a PS2/3 game doesn’t warrant comparison to cyberpunk’s failure nor does it let the studio off the hook just bcuz they’re indy but the response was predictable lol smh…about 70% of this thread is “bloated expectations” based on the graphics and the anticipated gameplay as well as comparisons to other games early on…very pretty game with the gameplay leaving a lot to be desired…it’s ok to say that and not get defensive bcuz it’s an exclusive

I'm not even sure what this "plays like a PS2/3 game " even supposed to mean, nor get the negative connatation that goes with it, since most gamers often laud over nostalgia these days. I get that the hats being underwhelming rewards for exploring since that doesn't really change anything, but otherwise, not really seeing your dismay, outside of bloated expectations. Even moreso now that just playing the game longer has you raising your score up, lol.

Also, there's no exclusive defensiveness touted here breh.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it usually is…granted I absolutely don’t expect anyone to feel the same way as me but the only time I get this “pushback” from you in particular is when I don’t flat out praise some sony exclusive

Don't apply usual tactics to one as non-typical as I, fool, lol. I was schooling you cats on multi-plat games like Scarlett Nexus and Tales of Arise just the same, if not with more vigor.

And me in particular? I don't even recall the last time having to school you. Exclusive or otherwise, lol.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both of yall attacked me for not liking scarlet nexus so….lol

you were only “attacked” for blatantly lying and pretending you didn’t like scarlet nexus when it hit game pass a couple days ago :mjlol:

your comments in the official thread are the reason why I took a serious look at the game and ended up buying/playing it…so your new stance is completely full of shyt

I don’t expect either of y’all to admit to stanning but y’all do and it’s nasty

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you were only “attacked” for blatantly lying and pretending you didn’t like scarlet nexus when it hit game pass a couple days ago :mjlol:

your comments in the official thread are the reason why I took a serious look at the game and ended up buying/playing it…so your new stance is completely full of shyt

I don’t expect either of y’all to admit to stanning but y’all do and it’s nasty

These are my last post in the scarlet nexus thread

yeah, I should have waited for a sale on this one

It’s a solid 7/10

They pretty much started with the combat and built everything else around it

And my opinion about Kena isn’t too far off from yours, i just didn’t expect much more outside of beautiful graphics and polish, and decent gameplay.

I still cannot believe this game was made by 15 people.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s not indicative of not liking the game as you’ve pretended only after it got listed on game pass a couple days ago

The post yall jumped me on was me stating that the best parts of the game were in the demo. Which i feel is true and aligns with my other quotes, the combat/battle system is really fun and everything else is really stale and tedious to through.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The post yall jumped me on was me stating that the best parts of the game were in the demo. Which i feel is true and aligns with my other quotes, the combat/battle system is really fun and everything else is really stale and tedious to through.

scarlet nexus coming to game pass was literally the first time you made that claim…you’re not gonna piss on the floor and tell me it’s lemonade…if you want to convince yourself of that then it’s fine…again your original comments were literally the reason why I gave scarlet nexus a fair chance and dig the game so I’m laughing at you trying to walk back those comments now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
scarlet nexus coming to game pass was literally the first time you made that claim…you’re not gonna piss on the floor and tell me it’s lemonade…if you want to convince yourself of that then it’s fine…again your original comments were literally the reason why I gave scarlet nexus a fair chance and dig the game so I’m laughing at you trying to walk back those comments now

No its not i just posted the quotes echoing the same sentiment. I might not have phrased it the same way but I’ve been consistent SINCE playing the game that I really was only enjoying the battle system. theres a few points where I thought the story was going somewhere interesting and it just didn’t take off for me.

I even made a long ass post somewhere in the thread about how the game could use some puzzles, set pieces, mini-games or whatever to offset the lull inbetween combat encounters.

Scarlet Nexus has the same issues for me as Fire Emblem 3 houses, in that i don’t really give a shyt about anything outside of the combat but i did enjoy the 3 houses storylines more.

The fact is that if you go into any game thread and say you not fukking with it for whatever reason nikkas on here gonna take it personally, no matter what platform its on. You’re just now attributing my opinion about SN to gamepass because it supports the fanboy narrative when i been getting jumped in the scarlet nexus thread since day one

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No its not i just posted the quotes echoing the same sentiment. I might not have phrased it the same way…

tapped out…not reading the rest…scarlet nexus doesn’t hit game pass and we’re not even having this discussion