Kelly Rowland on George Floyd's Murder: "You can not fight hate with hate; tired of being angry."

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
This makes no sense. If someone killed your child and you went looking for them to kill them hate is just a word at that point. There’s no word for what that is. It’s just natural.

It is a tricky topic.

If someone killed my kid, my hatred would drive me to go after their family. My sense of compassion would make me waver.

I feel that when you strip emotions out of the equation, you look at what is needed.

Take that stupid bytch the other day who called the police on the brother. His sense of compassion drove him to say something stupid. If he looked at what was necessary, he would realise that what happened to her was a necessity. Her life needed to be uprooted to send a message.

I also think this is why things simmer down. We get angry, but then in subsides. When you focus on what is necessary, you work diligently towards the desired outcome.

Set the goal, set the method, and execute. You can feel hatred, love, or nothing whilst doing it. Just get the job done.

(And I know what Kelly was talking about. I disagree with the spirit of her words as it is effectively her trying to steer things to a kumbaya resolution. That isn't what's needed.)

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
When shyt like this happens...we see the contingent of black folk that want to continue to pretend that what they are seeing isn't real and just go back to their happy place.

Mainly these are the celebrities.

I guess when you're in a different tax bracket and live in a neighborhood with rich white folk, you can say stuff like "can't fight hate with hate" and "we need to fight hate with love" while miles away in the city black men are being brutally murdered by racist police forces. You can afford to not live in that reality. You don't have to see it. Doesn't mean it don't exist.

That's not a realistic solution to a long term pervasive problems that's existed before I and her we even alive. Also, it's just sincerely cowardly. You wanna bring love to a gunfight...you'll lose.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
You absolutely can fight hate with hate. Actually that’s how most hate is fought. We don’t hunt down 98 year old Nazis to this day out of love. It’s because we all agree that we hate Nazis.

where all these nikkas when someone black does something wrong? You never hear this c00n babble then.