Keep it real. Ja Rule >>>>90% of the mainstream today

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Ja is one of the worst rappers ever to release an album. VVV is even a terrible album. you people are fools who are glorifying the shytty, sellout raps that were hot when you were stupid ass uninformed little jellyfish.

how dare you try and now bestow props on this joke?

ja fukkin' rule. picture him really being anything beyond a snow bunnies favorite rapper at the time.

get the fukk outta here with this ja rule bullshyt.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
aroman, jarule blew up off "can i get a" and "holla holla". he became a household name with his second album. his 3rd album was an even bigger success somehow. all this was before ashanti.

as much as i LOVE ashanti, youre out of pocket with what youre saying. now if you want to give credit to an r&b singer for murder inc's success, then you need to big up lil mo. she took jarule's career to the next level without even being signed to murder inc and they didnt even pay her right. i wonder what happened with that situation.

and post ja rule you see that same style with Max B, 50 cent, Wale, Drake, French Montana, Kid Cudi, Wiz etc.

bone thugs birthed most of these dudes' hook game, including jarule.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. he was so famous. he made money. woopthefukkdo.
i get it.

proves my theory he can hire a hitman. :yeshrug:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
on some real chit, if the original murderers era of murder inc came out today, they would be alot bigger(assuming that irv would actually put the artists out).

back in the day, they were cool but they were kinda like ruff ryders-lite. but if they dropped this stuff in 2012, they would be neck-n-neck with MMG for that top spot. also, it should be noted that black child's knife game was un-rivaled.

Last edited by a moderator:

YBE

Banned
Daps
aroman, jarule blew up off "can i get a" and "holla holla". he became a household name with his second album. his 3rd album was an even bigger success somehow. all this was before ashanti.

as much as i LOVE ashanti, youre out of pocket with what youre saying. now if you want to give credit to an r&b singer for murder inc's success, then you need to big up lil mo. she took jarule's career to the next level without even being signed to murder inc and they didnt even pay her right. i wonder what happened with that situation.

bone thugs birthed most of these dudes' hook game, including jarule.

True....they had Lil Mo on everything. Probably gave her peanuts.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^yall remember the original version of "put it on me" without lil mo? lol @ the hook.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

this was the album version. the album was already out before they added lil mo to it. its the same exact song, just without the lil mo vocals.

song is still great.:ehh: but lil mo made that chit legendary.

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
he just stopped releasing pop hits is all. Got scared into switching up his formula.

sure, that video with the "GREASE The Musical" theme was kinda the lotion-textured straw that broke the camel's back & made him look really extra EXTRA extra soft. But regardless, he still pushed past that with 'New York' so it should've been all good.
His disses were actually remarkably hard ("Your mom is a crackhead, & Kim is a known slut, so what the fukk you think Hailey gon be when she grow up?!" is still probably burning slow). His team was on trial by the FBI, so he really didn't need to worry bout his street cred too much actually.

All he had to do was bounce back with more Pop jams from that point, even bigger & brighter. Some poppy triumphant perseverance jam with Justin Timberlake or Jennifer Lopez or some ish, followed by fifty-thousand fluffy odes to how much his baby holds him down...

But instead, all the singles he released after that was scared of offending the streets, even the R&B jams -- Thug Love with Bobby Brown?? & That RKelly song wasnt tryin to be an overt pop-smash crossover either. & Then his window eventually closed.

That's where he dropped the ball.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Yea, I prefer Ja over most of the current mainstream rappers, Holla Holla is one of my favorite club songs.

One of those tracks make you go :krs: and want to turn up the sound.

Always on Time, Down 4 you :ahh:

Murder Reigns is underrated, that song is very 2pac-ish.

Also his version of "Pain" is dope, Pain original by Pac is one of my favorite Hip Hop song ever.

fukk the world if they can't understand me :pacspit:

So much pain & Murder Reigns are my favorite songs from Ja Rule.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
he just stopped releasing pop hits is all. Got scared into switching up his formula.

sure, that video with the "GREASE The Musical" theme was kinda the lotion-textured straw that broke the camel's back & made him look really extra EXTRA extra soft. But regardless, he still pushed past that with 'New York' so it should've been all good.
His disses were actually remarkably hard ("Your mom is a crackhead, & Kim is a known slut, so what the fukk you think Hailey gon be when she grow up?!" is still probably burning slow). His team was on trial by the FBI, so he really didn't need to worry bout his street cred too much actually.

All he had to do was bounce back with more Pop jams from that point, even bigger & brighter. Some poppy triumphant perseverance jam with Justin Timberlake or Jennifer Lopez or some ish, followed by fifty-thousand fluffy odes to how much his baby holds him down...

But instead, all the singles he released after that was scared of offending the streets, even the R&B jams -- Thug Love with Bobby Brown?? & That RKelly song wasnt tryin to be an overt pop-smash crossover either. & Then his window eventually closed.

That's where he dropped the ball.

nah. what did ja in was the over-use of love songs, over-exposure & a huge ego that set him up for a rude awakening. because of this, jarule had no core rap fanbase behind him by 2002. coupled with the fact that he had an '02-03 50 cent, who during that period was one of the most popular rappers ever, going at him full throttle. and to make it worst, 50 cent had the interscope machine at its peak backing him up.

THATS WHAT REALLY DID JARULE IN.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ja is one of the worst rappers ever to release an album. VVV is even a terrible album. you people are fools who are glorifying the shytty, sellout raps that were hot when you were stupid ass uninformed little jellyfish.

how dare you try and now bestow props on this joke?

ja fukkin' rule. picture him really being anything beyond a snow bunnies favorite rapper at the time.

get the fukk outta here with this ja rule bullshyt.

Naw VVV was a good album, little white girls didn't know who he was till he started all that singing and shyt. Just off the strength of VVV alone you can't call him one of the worst to ever do it.

Technically just judging by "rap skills" alone ja was way better than most of these new cats. Futre, Waka flaka, French Montana, solja boy, Tyga, gucci :scusthov: and I could keep going. You could say you like their music better but as far as being a "better" rapper naw I ant buyin it.

And for the record i did like VVV, but I thought ja was the biggest lame and sellout ever for making the type of music he did after his first album.