Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This man’s ultimate contribution to the business will be crippling the best in ring product professional wrestling had

big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

As Purogang affiliate, I plead the fifth, but lets just say that what he did to DDT.....yeah, I'm just going to bite my tongue because I would be playing an away game thinking it's home turf, but trust the feeling is mutual

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Tony Khan raiding ROH, NJPW and the indies for talent is on par maybe worse with what Vince did in the 80s when he killed the territories

Not even Bischoff when he had WCW rolling dipped this much into WWF's roster the way Khan has picked NJPW clean :picard:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I know AEW sounds like the most likely place he'll end up in, for a number of reasons.

But I think it's interesting how New Japan is selling this as leaving the company "for good". Kinda like what they did with Jay White. If he's AEW bound it doesn't make much sense for NJPW to cut all ties with Okada, unless dude just wants to do something else for 1-2 years and not work for them.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kind of weird how AEW doesn't get heat for taking NJPW talent though when their supposed to be "partners".

Kinda reminds me of how WWE rewrites history when it came to them "signing" ECW talent but WCW "raiding" ECW talent.

clearly business in Japan is in a state where they can’t compete with the money from WWE/AEW. not sure if they ever really could, but business is definitely down over there post covid.

I have seen diehard New Japan fans get mad, but what do they expect? these dudes are big stars and want to get paid like big stars, fukk loyalty in a business where you can break your neck and be done in an instant.

if I was New Japan, I would prefer these guys go to AEW because at least Tony will still let them come in for big matches.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
clearly business in Japan is in a state where they can’t compete with the money from WWE/AEW. not sure if they ever really could, but business is definitely down over there post covid.

I have seen diehard New Japan fans get mad, but what do they expect? these dudes are big stars and want to get paid like big stars, fukk loyalty in a business where you can break your neck and be done in an instant.

if I was New Japan, I would prefer these guys go to AEW because at least Tony will still let them come in for big matches.

:ehh: as much as the mark side of me wants to hit shyt, the business minded side of me like 'get that bag senpai".

Tony is still a damn mark tho :camby:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I know AEW sounds like the most likely place he'll end up in, for a number of reasons.

But I think it's interesting how New Japan is selling this as leaving the company "for good". Kinda like what they did with Jay White. If he's AEW bound it doesn't make much sense for NJPW to cut all ties with Okada, unless dude just wants to do something else for 1-2 years and not work for them.
They're not assuming he automatically ends up in AEW. Really does mean much in the grand scheme of things honestly

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
This man’s ultimate contribution to the business will be crippling the best in ring product professional wrestling had

Tony Khan raiding ROH, NJPW and the indies for talent is on par maybe worse with what Vince did in the 80s when he killed the territories

Not even Bischoff when he had WCW rolling dipped this much into WWF's roster the way Khan has picked NJPW clean :picard:

:mjlol:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It sucks that he is leaving New Japan, to be honest. New Japan needs him. WWE and AEW already have more talent than they know what to do with.

And frankly I don't see him moving the needle in AEW or WWE even if he is booked to his maximum potential.

Especially not WWE, what's he going to do more for them than they are already doing? Not like he's going to be moving more tickets for them. Smackdown and NXT TV deals are already wrapped up. If he pops up on Raw, any impact he has isn't going to matter at this point in the Raw TV negotiations.

The AEW audience already by large knows who Okada is, his segments have never did big numbers on TV, so it's not like there is a thirst for Okada from the AEW audience. Maybe it improves some if he's there regularly, but I don't really see it.

TNA could be interesting, he could potentially have a real big impact there but TNA's ceiling is capped way lower than it could be because of them being stuck on AXS.

Just more of the rich get richer. Need a big money international brand to emerge so everyone just doesn't turn into a feeder system to AEW and WWE because those money trains aren't drying up anytime soon unless something devastating happens to the companies or the economies.