Kawhi Leonard Drives a 97 Tahoe, uses Wingstop coupons, Squats 400lbs and studies Kobe's game

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We probably wont be seeing Kawhi years down the line being one of those cats who go broke. He seems to down to earth and conservative to let that happen. He is with the perfect organization too for his temperament. If he was drafted to another team he may not have reached his immense potential that the Spurs have unlocked.
Nah if anything we may never get to see Kawhi's ultimate potential unless he leaves the Spurs or Popovich retires. He likely wouldn't attain the same level of team success but I'd be interested in how Kawhi would play on a team where he was the only real high level player (or it could backfire on him).

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
He quietly observed his older sisters, immersed in their adolescent dramas, and avoided any of his own. He called coaches and parents sir and ma'am. He handed footballs to officials after touchdowns. He passed basketballs to friends instead of shooting them himself. "Why do you do that?" his mother, Kim Robertson, once asked him.

:beli: I get what the author is trying to say about Kawhi, but how would he know this?
Author is being fukken shady. :pacspit:

:mjpls:

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
:mjcry: such a special player so rare
c26cbbcfbfa26c68c939aa44a6368bc5.png

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think, with the way the universe is constructed, that you can have that kind of work ethic and personality and not become a success.

I think being born with both at such an extreme level is the same as being born a genius.
When you combine it with the fact that he has taken a craft that naturally fits him it's the ultimate combination. Because I know people with this level of work ethic who are doing things that aren't really fit for them and they achieve a lot of success relatively but not to the level they would if they put that effort into something else; for example I played with a kid in high school and I've never seen anyone work as hard at anything as he did at basketball and he became All State and got a scholarship and I think ended up playing overseas but he was only five nine so there was kind of a limit. I used to think if this dude was 6'6 he'd be the GOAT, or if he put that same effort into, say, soccer he'd be on a whole other level in that sport.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So I am reading this and this shyt is :bryan:

Kawhi is a lowkey cocky semi scumbag...This dude just might be the next Kobe as far as utterly destroying people on the basketball floor:bryan:

"
Leonard withdrew from consideration for Team USA, supposedly exhausted after a second straight Finals run. He retreated to San Diego for an entire summer of three-a-day workouts, some sessions so grueling that he would drop a dozen pounds in a 24-hour span. He lifted NFL-caliber weight, leg-pressing more than 600 pounds and squatting more than 400."

This is a scumbag thing to do:bryan: Tell everybody you are to tired to play for your country and then jet off to do some of the most grueling workouts known to man.

"He is the only star still rocking cornrows, an outdated tribute to Carmelo Anthony, and he shrugs when friends claim he'd expand his endorsement portfolio if he shaved the braids."

Dude is being told repeatedly he could make more money if he shaved his braids which we all know is true :mjpls: but his response to that is "nah i like them:manny:"...meanwhile if you told Lebron that an Afro would help him get more endorsements he would shave the hair of Iman Shumpert himself and have it superglued to his own scalp before they played their next game:lolbron:. Kawhi out here on his millennial "I aint getting a haircut just to make money" steez:bryan:And the fact that he is a Melo stan is:bryan:...just how on earth did that happen:bryan:...Melo hasn't rocked braids in years but Kawhi is still rocking them as a tribute to dude...what:bryan:...he out here wearing a hairstyle as a tribute to a dude and then he locking dude up on defense when they play against each other:bryan:...no fukking way...no fukking way on earth this is true...i NEED an entire story on just how Kawhi became a melo stan to the point he won't cut his hair over it:bryan:

" and his closest buddy is his high school guard, Jeremy Castleberry, now a member of the Spurs' video department."

What the fukk is this shyt...:bryan: so Kawhi is like "Hey I know I won't cut my hair and I know I just straight up lied about why I didn't want to represent my country playing basketball...but could you put my friend on and hire him as a video guy because we uh...played together in high school":bryan::bryan::bryan: This is straight out of Lebron's "give my friends a job with your organization" playbook...

"Leonard is wary of new people and things. He wears a hat emblazoned with MORENO VALLEY and sniffs when asked if he is from Riverside, a larger city 12 miles away."

No new friends huh Leonard :heh::heh::heh::heh:...and wears a hat repping where he from and if you mention that other city he gives you the :rudy::childplease:...

"Just as Engelland forecast, Leonard earned an invitation to the three-point contest at All-Star weekend, last month, though he turned it down."

Had people wondering why he wasn't in the 3 point contest and it's because he turned it down:bryan:...to good to shoot 3's for entertainment...you only shoot them in real games huh Kawhi:bryan:

Also this quote from him from an interview he did for slameonline is :bryan:

"“I just feel like the league is so based on scoring points,” said Leonard. “I could have done this last year, too, but you start averaging 20 points, everybody gets a big rise. But if you see how people affect the game (on both ends of the court) that’s what makes them an elite player.”

fukking :dead: at "I could have done this last year". That is some grade a cocky fukkery right there... I could have dropped 20 on you last year:blessedspur: I could have been an elite 3 point shooter last year:blessedspur: I could have had a 50 40 90 month and flirted with a 50 40 90 season last year:blessedspur:...he don't even care enough to mention exactly why he didn't do it last year:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:

It now makes PERFECT sense why Pop want's this dude hanging around Kobe:bryan: Everybody thought :youngsabo: was going to be Kobe heir apparent but nope...it's going to be a dude who won't cut his cornrows because he is a melo stan, will tell outright lies to get out of playing basketball for his country, turns down invites to 3 point contest because he just doesn't care enough about being an entertainer for people like that, get's his boy on as a member of the spurs organization for no other reason than they cool and played high school ball together, wears a fukking hat all the time to tell you where he from because he sure as shyt isn't going to talk to you enough to do it, and tops it all of by having one of the biggest breakout seasons in the nba and all he got to say about it is "i could have done it last year"

No matter how this year turns out...I can't fukking wait to see this dude next year after a summer of retired Kobe Bryant yapping in his year...because Kobe won't have shyt to do all summer but yap in Kawhi ear...:blessedspur::blessedspur::blessedspur:

@CantStop...how are we going to handle the stanning of Kawhi going forward?