Katana ZERO (PC, Switch)

IslandG

All Star
Daps
Didn't even realise their was a hard mode. Playing through it now on the speedrun mode. Hard as hell but having a hell of a good time.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Wow, so basically I had this game on my switch for a long time and ended up playing it last year until the "fake choice" leading to the "fake ending"

I chose to die since they explicitly said that living would bring death and suffering to all that I love, including the little girl in my apartment building :dahell: What kinda choice is that?

I had a feeling the other ending would just be some grimy shyt, and I wanted to live with my decision so left the game alone for quite some time. Then watching some videos on Youtube I see some shyt that I've never seen and I'm like :dahell: this is Hollow Knight all over again.

I went back a couple of days ago and played the other half of the game :dead: they even had a whole other playable character.

I love the aesthetic and the narration so much, this is very cool. The characters are all drippy. The story is cryptic and I'm not getting the ending yet, but yeah they did something with this one. Sometimes it feels like some shyt just happens for the sake of it though, for example

the masked dudes entire shtick, you having to kill the family of the woman with Chronos for no reason

I still like that they don't pull back any punches and that the game is grimy. The multiple choices dialogues are lit and being able to cut off somebody talking is so satisfying in a video game.

Ofc with the decision to live the lil girl ends up getting tortured or experimented upon :snoop: is it a way for the narrator to make us pay for our desire to want to play more levels and kill more people?

I was also wondering why Zero always came back to the "therapist"'s office, even when he didn't know that he would die without Chronos and the therapist was acting like a dikkhead. He just straight up likes to off folks.

Maybe I'm just dogshyt but if I'm not really focused I just can't progress through the last levels, which is good don't get me wrong, but frustrating. I don't like slow-mo but at some point I just said fukk it and started using it to send back bullets and shyt. This is true die and retry. Fifteen's ability is fire but his level drove me nuts.

Typing this I realize I probably didn't explore everything yet since

What I saw in the video was some kind of huge boss and I didn't even encounter it :dahell: how the fukk do I unlock this?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got this game off the strength of this thread and man I’m loving this :whew:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Game is fire. Strong Hotline Miami vibes.

I wouldn't put it above the first Hotline Miami but it's definitely a must play if you liked that game. Why the fukk isn't this on Playstation? Had to get it for the Switch.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This looks amazing. Full to the brim of great ideas. @6:41 to the end was astounding gameplay-wise.

Funny dialogue options, consuming electronic music by Bill Kiley, a captivating and mysterious intrigue... Everything seems to be back :whoo: And this is the first level!

So is it still expected that the DLC will be longer than the original game?

Also, Fifteen :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t think I’d like this game cuz I hate this graphics style for modern games but then I read the concept and saw some gameplay and decided to give it a chance…glad I did so…the presentation is top notch too…love the music