¥$ (Kanye West/Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 2 (Discussion Thread)

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Fried sounds like the sequel to Carnival. Crying at Kanye saying ‘she giving blowjobs and I applied’ :russ:
Production wise this is better than V1 but lyrically this shyt is absolutely HORRIBLE. Its all sex raps no variety or lyrical dexterity whatsoever.

I came in here to ask if Kanye was still doing his "Sex addiction" Raps all over the Album... I got my answer.

This y'all King? Why y'all like this nygga?

That shyt weird

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a shame Ty Dolla $ign gets this version of Ye to work with. Off legacy alone, I understand it being hard to not work with him but he's clearly a shell of himself.
And Ye seems to be possessive with artists he works with, so once Ty moves on and starts working with other artists making more classics, we'll see Ye slandering him acting like he made him because of this Vultures shyt

:francis:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
nba_a_shaq_576.jpg
for a decade now

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Production wise this is better than V1 but lyrically this shyt is absolutely HORRIBLE. Its all sex raps no variety or lyrical dexterity whatsoever.

Its time for me to just admit to myself that i’m not a Kanye West fan in the slightest anymore. It’s not him, it’s me. I’d rather listen to Common’s new album 20 more times than run this back again. Childish Gambino is more interesting and daring as an artist. Kendrick moves the needle. Nas learned how to age gracefully. Drake even knows how to squeeze the best out of his ghostwriters.

Kanye just on an island somewhere with Bianca, Candace Owens, and a beat machine trying to resurrect the energy of 2 Live Crew in the 80’s.
Lmao

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This album is actually fire for the genre of rap it fits in.

I don't know what ya'll nikkas expecting :mjlol:

Ye was never an MC that's going to drop Nas or Jay Z like bars. He was always a producer that could rap. Then he went to being a pop icon.

Now he's curating soundtracks and collaborating with other artists.

The music he makes now is geared towards live performances like festivals, concerts as well as diverse club settings. He's catering to a wide range of ethnicities.

After sampling every song, this album sounds better than the last one. It's more cohesive.
Sounds like cope.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Wayne really still killing any and every feature 😭

“Ice up in my veins, old flames tryna melt me
I twist my Taylor spliffs tight at the end like Travis Kelce”

“Ice on, the money long, I pray my life long
But if it ain't, it's all gravy like the rice gone”

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I can make a case (to myself :whoa:) that I’ll probably listen to: Fried, Husband/Lifestyle, Dead, and Forever Rolling again but even those don’t have nearly the replay-ability as the songs I liked on Vultures 1, which have less replay-ability than most of the rest of his catalog :francis:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
college dropout to life of pablo is where is where it ends with me
That’s how I am. I will defend those albums to the death.

After that…I ain’t defending the rest of them… :francis:

With the exception of “Kids See Ghosts” and “DONDA.” I ain’t defending the others…even if I personally rock with them.

Loved “Vultures 1”

This one? I gotta sit with it more..cause there are good records on here. I’m glad he put “530” on it. One of my favorite tracks from the “DONDA 2” sessions. I just wished he properly finished the backend of it.

Mike Dean was desperately needed on this. The mixing is terrible on here and you can hear it..

But other then that :yeshrug:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Lifestyle, I prefer the original with the project pat intro.

I love how recent Kanye started to give props to the old Memphis phonk sound. Wonder what he'd sound like producing a suicideboys beat