¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
the chipmunk shyt ages your track stop using that shyt!

halfway thru.. mid. but ima hold off on full opinion until i finish

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’m a Kanye west fan but I ain’t listened to a full album song to song of his since life of Pablo.

I listened to dis on a 2 hour drive too and from DC and I fw it! Didn’t skip single song
I was going to say the same thing. Musically, this is his best complete album in a long time.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I played the album against my better judgement cause I mess with Ty … this shxt is terrible and that’s not even an I don’t fxck with Kanye take, it’s legitimately terrible. Sounds like Northwest wrote all the lyrics and mixing is all fxcked up. I’m convinced engineers are no longer referencing different systems in the process. Definitely no one played it in a car before release.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
So for someone that was highly disappointed in Travis last album and disappointed in Kanye in general, is this worth giving a listen?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Yall fukking with this more than Donda? I actually liked Donda aside from maybe 4 songs. This one, I need to give it another listen, but I liked maybe 6 songs, and the rest were just ok.

Also I saw a Complex article ranking the songs on this album, and it’s funny that all the songs most of yall like, Complex had ranked near the bottom. The joint with Chris Brown, Complex had ranked last, and I bet it was because of the people involved and not the song itself.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Yall fukking with this more than Donda? I actually liked Donda aside from maybe 4 songs. This one, I need to give it another listen, but I liked maybe 6 songs, and the rest were just ok.

Also I saw a Complex article ranking the songs on this album, and it’s funny that all the songs most of yall like, Complex had ranked near the bottom. The joint with Chris Brown, Complex had ranked last, and I bet it was because of the people involved and not the song itself.
Donda was much better than this

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Somebody else already said it but this is the horniest album i’ve ever heard and thats not a good thing.

Literally EVERY SONG is about this man fukking. And its not creative or fun like how he used to approach the subject its just corny and childish.

This man is 46 years old and the only thing he can instruct his writers to craft him is the most crass sex talk imaginable. Maybe a 17 year old finds this entertaining but not me.

No self-reflection, no storytelling, no self-awareness. Nothing for the listener to “hold onto” so to speak

Its crazy to think this is the man who made Life Of Pablo let alone stone cold classics like College Dropout and Late Registration.

46 years old and nothing to say whatsoever

The only memorable songs are Back To Me because Freddie Gibbs left earth, Burn because its as close as we’ll get to “vintage” Kanye these days and Vultures because TY$ KILLED that last verse.

I’ll never listen to this album in full again.

TY$ deserves better. I’m sure this will probably be the biggest “look” of his career and thats a damn shame because HE actually put some sort of work into this and dude can’t even be on the cover. How are you co-lead on an album and can’t even get on the cover art?!? Dude was Cormega’d by Kanye’s sex doll of a wife. Pathetic
To be fair, Kanye’s music had more substance in his earlier albums than his recent ones. I don’t think his fans are expecting him to approach an album like Jay Nas Kendrick 3 Stacks Em etc. Lyrics has never been a strong point for him it’s always been about production and delivery.