¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Was just reading about MJs invincible album how it barely sold shyt considering the name involved. This thread reminded me of that, boy when you're cold after scorching lava fire the drop off is incredible

New Kanye album thread would've done numbers like CRAYZE not too long ago.

Nothing lasts forever indeed.

The Invincible album started out selling pretty strongly, Sony pulled promo and marketing from the album when MJ refused to resign with the label because he signed a deal in 91 that stipulated his Masters were to return to him in 2000 wasn’t being honored by the label. He then found out that the Lawyer who brokered that deal was also a lawyer for Sony Music at the same time, creating a conflict of interest. Michael told Tommy Mottola that not only was he leaving the label, he was going to take them to court, which caused Mottola to halt any and all promotion for the album. Despite this the album still sold 2 Million units in the US.

If this Kanye album manages to sell or “stream” 2 million units (which he hasn’t accomplished since 2016) it would be seen as a monumental success.

But guess what? Kanye West ain’t Michael Jackson and the circumstances DAMN SURE ain’t comparable

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
yea he came out 2 raw and seems like he went all the way sold out.....damn shame cause breh has real talent

For real, my nikka put me on to album in college and it just stuck with me. The story behind it, the way they incorporated the jail phone raps into songs, the songs themselves. shyt was an incredible way to debut

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
This album gonna do numbers cause it’s Kanye. He’s still one of the biggest artists in the world. The real question is how will the music sound.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Finally checked out the Miami race or whatever it was… musically I enjoyed it, but Kanye really needs to get ghostwriters back on deck, or leave rapping alone entirely - most of his bars on here are ATROCIOUS