Kanye West - Life of the Party ft. Andre 3000 (shots at Drake) (Ye claims GD !!!)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
We all know that about Dre and shout out to that Hello verse. fukk it Ye different, took what Q Tip and RZA did but made it something completely different. We can judge him all day for the reference tracks but he spits it well. Sure he loses points as an emcee but not an artist.
Son I’m not giving this nikka credit for a verse he spit verbatim that another nikka wrote for him. Especially when he sounded worse than the artist who wrote it for him. Like I said I don’t see people giving Diddy and Dre all these special “artist” titles. But do u bruh. Song is dope.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Son I’m not giving this nikka credit for a verse he spit verbatim that another nikka wrote for him. Especially when he sounded worse than the artist who wrote it for him. Like I said I don’t see people giving Diddy and Dre all these special “artist” titles. But do u bruh. Song is dope.
Diddy and Dre sittin on they ass dropping mid every decade or so. Ye a hard worker and he’s strength is a producer. He’s artist not an emcee. He can flow but bars aren’t his gift. Song structure and sampling flips are his strengths. Never be GOAT’d as an emcee but he’s definitely a hip hop artist, with artists being the main focus when you think of him. I’m still blown away at the We Don’t Care sample flip, that shyt is creative as fukk.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Diddy and Dre sittin on they ass dropping mid every decade or so. Ye a hard worker and he’s strength is a producer. He’s artist not an emcee. He can flow but bars aren’t his gift. Song structure and sampling flips are his strengths. Never be GOAT’d as an emcee but he’s definitely a hip hop artist, with artists being the main focus when you think of him. I’m still blown away at the We Don’t Care sample flip, that shyt is creative as fukk.
That was when he was actually locked down flipping samples and making beats. Kanye been dropping mid for a long time himself u not gonna shyt on Dre bruh. Ye is a gifted producer when he wants to be but he outsources so much shyt to so many people now that u can’t tell what’s what. I’m not gonna derail the thread tho this song is fire.

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Bruh I don’t see y’all acting like Dre verses are his best verse n shyt. Reference tracks literally leaked from this last album. shyt like Off The Grid where Pusha is spittin the whole thing while sounding better doing it. I’m not gonna give a nikka credit for another nikka verse. Kanye likely barely writes anything at this point.
Pusha and Ye’s verses are completely different btw.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
That was when he was actually locked down flipping samples and making beats. Kanye been dropping mid for a long time himself u not gonna shyt on Dre bruh. Ye is a gifted producer when he wants to be but he outsources so much shyt to so many people now that u can’t tell what’s what. I’m not gonna derail the thread tho this song is fire.
My breh it’s the dead of night, ain’t no chatty patties here. Kanye’s mid (Ye and debatably TLOP to a degree.) ain’t as disappointing as Compton. Yeah Dre been a billionaire. Should atleast be able to match the amount of placements Pharrell and Timbaland have been getting past their prime, I say that very respectfully.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not Quentin Miller. Its better than anything Drake has spit in the last 5 years.

Damn...5...years. You sure about that? People really can't mention one of these guys without mentioning the other :russ:

Anyhow. Hopefully Ye wrote it. Might be CyHi, who knows. Was cool til he had to throw in "ThE Red HaT". The "Trump is my man" gimmick is fukking old.