Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
The album is his best work since Yeezus IMO. 27 tracks and the run time feel too long.....even though I dont think there is much filler. I split the album into a double disc in my Apple Music.

1-14 Disc 1, 15-27 Disc 2. It feels like it fits.......first disc starting with Donda Chant, the second with Donda...It seems to make sense to me.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I know it's been plenty of songs dedicated to moms but has it been full projects in hip hop where this has been done?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
What if he releases the other versions of these songs as a 50 song deluxe album

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
:mjlol: What a lazy retort. Anyone who likes the album must be white. nikkas like you always expose yourselves. You're just one-dimensional. You already said you only really fukked with CD. And if we're keeping it 100-- that's probably the least creative of any album he's ever dropped. His elite production and the soul samples just hit at a perfect time to counter all the gangster rap saturating the airwaves.

Please stop with the "creative" rhetoric. Just because some shyt is "creative" or "different" doesn't mean that it's good. This album is an example of that.

TPAB is "creative" and it's one of my favorite albums off all time.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Finished, only 7 of them are even listenable man, and NONE of the 7 are even decent enough for me to care about them tomorrow.

Gotta agree with everyone else's final assessment of :trash:

I let go of this dude a long time ago though. So Im not hurt or even surprised really. But I wanted to give it a fair shot.:manny:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Please stop with the "creative" rhetoric. Just because some shyt is "creative" or "different" doesn't mean that it's good. This album is an example of that.

TPAB is "creative" and it's one of my favorite albums off all time.
:mjlol: So because it's "your" favorite that makes it the gold standard for "good" creative albums? I'm a Kendrick fan and have listened to TPAB exactly twice in my lifetime. It's art. Therefore it's subjective.