Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
WHY ARE PEOPLE ENJOYING MUSIC IM NOT ENJOYING!!!
nah i usually say shyt ain't for me or nothing at all and KIM (no pun intended)

but yall hitting the banderas smilie and talking aoty...for this? ga hed but it aint all the way right for sure. something aint right over here

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Writing review has I listen

1. Jail I guess its okay for the intro, the beat is wack, dababy is wack,

2. God Breathed, too many effects on the vocals, the beat sound like some nier automata shooter level only minus musical talent, this electro pop beats
are wack

3. Grid, beat sounds identically to the last two almost, too many vocal effects, not feeling this electro synth shyt from kanye, this shyt sound like EDM, and the rapping is trash off beat, bars are too weak and song is too long for this annoying ass beat, that main lead is annoying as fukk, the synths are trash sound like reason presets

4. Hurricane, same airy ass heavy effect on vocal shyt with tired ass hi hat pattern from 2010, can tell if this lil baby or lil durk, they use the same melody on their auto tune raps on every damn beat and it don't fit with this airy ass hit, 4 duds in a row hook sound like weekend song from 2012

5. Praise God, the same choir, same airy ass snyth with the same 808, this sound like the same track playing for 20 minutes none of the beats have swing on them, where the soul yall was talking about, none of this shyt ride or slap goddamn this song is trash this is not music

6. This piano beat is trash already, my ears hurting, maybe this made to listen to Arena and that's why I get feel any of this, this shyt trash, this ain't music

I gotta stop right here, this shyt garbage, yall talking this shyt soulful, smh, yall gotta be white, just because some choir in background doesn't make some shyt soulful, ain't none of them beats got any rhythm at all
:mjlol: What a lazy retort. Anyone who likes the album must be white. nikkas like you always expose yourselves. You're just one-dimensional. You already said you only really fukked with CD. And if we're keeping it 100-- that's probably the least creative of any album he's ever dropped. His elite production and the soul samples just hit at a perfect time to counter all the gangster rap saturating the airwaves.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm more pissed he took off kid Cudi off that same track

But I could see him releasing different versions of each track since his view on his music that it's always transcending and there is no official version

He's DEFINITELY going to release different versions of the tracks. And probably a different version of the album in the near future.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Reviews incoming - mostly UK press.

Telegraph: Kanye West, Donda review: epic, maximalist stadium rap from a born-again naval gazer
Times: Kanye West: Donda review — pop meets God in sprawling but often brilliant album | News | The Times
NME: Kanye West's 'DONDA' : the NME review

Expecting this to viewed as inconsistent with brilliant moments… likely to get 70s/80s metacritic.

Cacfork gettin ready for that 9.3/10

Reviewer gon look like one of the 2

pexels-photo-220453.jpeg

dZCSig27.jpg