kanye west been the best artist in all of hip hop since 04'

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Eminem is a top 10 dead or alive rapper.. but all his greatest moments came before 04.

Also, I don't think Eminem influenced as many artists after him, or even with him, as Kanye did. Most of Eminem's huge success is within a vacuum, and maybe D12/Obie Trice, but they haven't become stars or made impacts. Kanye made a big impact as a solo artist, as a producer, and as inspiration for artist to come afterward. You can see Tyler The Creator as lineage of Em, but I can't think of anyone else really (though I may be missing some people)

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't disagree with this :manny:

Until recently Kanye couldn't put a foot wrong but his new sound is a little bit similar to every one else's. Upsetting really.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we all know this to be true and are in agreement with OP I'll go a step further and say Kanye is the best rap artist of all time.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
At one point this nikka was on fire... then somewhere around the Graduation album he fell off hard and became a stone cold fakket. Nah, I cant agree with this thread. Such a shame, the nikka was headed towards greatness :snoop:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah too many nikkas id rather hear rap than Kanye....id put Jeezy,TI,Plies,Wayne, ahead of em.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I can only champion his production. When it comes to rap, i think of him as a pop star/icon, like a dre or diddy. Great personality for a ghost writer to use.

-DMP-

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP is right.

Ye has been the best artist in Hip Hop for a decade. He's not the best rapper tho. Let's not get crazy.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I can only champion his production. When it comes to rap, i think of him as a pop star/icon, like a dre or diddy. Great personality for a ghost writer to use.

-DMP-
difference is nobody wants to listen to an album full of Diddy or Dre.
People always bring up the ghostwriter thing, but Dre and Diddy have ghostwriters and their personal work is still horrible.

Kanye pretty much birthed this whole generation...whether you like it or not, you have to give dude his props.
He struck a cord w/ the present generation like no other.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
difference is nobody wants to listen to an album full of Diddy or Dre.
People always bring up the ghostwriter thing, but Dre and Diddy have ghostwriters and their personal work is still horrible.

Kanye pretty much birthed this whole generation...whether you like it or not, you have to give dude his props.
He struck a cord w/ the present generation like no other.

yea hes a great icon, trend setter, all of that but as a rapper, thats where it stops, IMO. :yeshrug:

-DMP-

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
yea hes a great icon, trend setter, all of that but as a rapper, thats where it stops, IMO. :yeshrug:

-DMP-
I dont think anyone is saying he's the best rapper...just that his music is top notch.

I put him in the same category of cats like DJ Quik and Devin the Dude....they arent the best rappers, but they know how to make great music.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd argue Cee-Lo Green. Cee Lo Green Is... The Soul Machine dropped in '04. It featured Cee Lo rapping, singing, doing poetry, and producing. In '06, Gnarls Barkley dropped St. Elsewhere and that was Cee Lo mostly singing. Same goes for Gnarls Barkley's Odd Couple. Then in 2010, Cee-Lo released the Stray Bullets mixtape, which again featured him mostly singing as was Lady Killer, which came out the same year. The only real blemish on his catalog is the Goodie Mob album that dropped last year.

Now, Cee Lo hasn't been as big commercially, but he artistically, it's hard not to recognize the work that Cee Lo has put in. He's better than Kanye in every category except maybe producing. Lyrically, Cee Lo goes in even when he's singing.