kai cenat has been streaming 125 hours straight playing elden ring. wow

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In "Elden Ring" there's multiple bosses you can kill to advance the story and even if you get stuck on one of them....you can just bounce. That was never an option before. You can literally just....walk out and do 20 other things. Most of which will make your character stronger either directly, or indirectly.

Like literally fast travel away.

and almost every build you make can easily break the game. I’ve tried like a dozen different builds, I respec’d my character mad times just to try and once you get a few OP talismans and Golden vow its over.

I thought i might have been bugging so i went back and looked through DS3 build videos and yeah, there is nothing like Elden Ring that just wipes bosses in a few moves. The best thing you can do in DS3 is a simple ass Dex build with a straight sword

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Some of yall act like harder = better. Elden ring is 3 or 4 times the length and honestly if you ever beat a souls game and going into any other fromsoft game afterward is going to be naturally easier since you know the tropes
:yeshrug:I never said harder=better, I personally think BB is better than ER. I’m just surprised he’d breezed through ER. Even Kai said the game was easier. So much that people thought he was cheating. Being easier isn’t a knock against BB.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Like literally fast travel away.

and almost every build you make can easily break the game. I’ve tried like a dozen different builds, I respec’d my character mad times just to try and once you get a few OP talismans and Golden vow its over.

I thought i might have been bugging so i went back and looked through DS3 build videos and yeah, there is nothing like Elden Ring that just wipes bosses in a few moves. The best thing you can do in DS3 is a simple ass Dex build with a straight sword

I recently played "DS1"-"DS3" because I have them on Steam. I got like 375 games, completely forgot I had those.

"Elden Ring" is basically "Dark Souls" with training wheels. There's a reason it's the most popular From game.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as Kai, I just seen on Twitter he said he rushed through "Bloodborne" because he has to go look at a house or something like that in NY. Which begs the question, why not just put off the play through until you have a permanent residence?

Regardless, he said he's doing the DLC as soon as that other stuff is squared away. Still, it's kinda silly to make this big announcement if you aren't in a situation where you can play the game at will.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What makes it so much better?

Movement, aggressive gameplay, style and themes, trick weapons, boss fights and designs…

it feels the most unique out of all the from games, whuch are mostly inspired by dark fantasy like Beserk or Sekiro which has tons of games that came before it that look similar (Onimusha, Nioh, etc)

Bloodborne has a very specific aesthetic and lore that has rarely been done well with action games.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What makes it so much better?

There isn't much difference between "Dark Souls" 1, 2, 3, and "Elden Ring".

From has low key been remaking the same game over and over for like 10+ years.

"Bloodborne" took the same formula but tweaked it. It plays a lot faster and more aggressive than any of those other games. Also the art direction is completely different. "Elden Ring" looks like "Dark Souls 4". I love the game but it would've been far doper if it had the aesthetic of "Bloodborne", or even "Sekiro".

Also it has what many consider the best DLC out of any From game. Even now, after the "Elden Ring" DLC.

Fred.