Just watched "the witch" :wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
True horror isn't supposed to be corny ass jump scenes and over-the-top gore. Horror should be psychologically thrilling and spooky.

You can't say this in relation to Hereditary as after the first half of the movie it definitely devolves into silly cult tropes and jump scares. so much unintentional comedy. the dad bursting into flames :mjlol: Or you think the mama crawling on ceilings and naked old white people aren't corny :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
You can't say this in relation to Hereditary as after the first half of the movie it definitely devolves into silly cult tropes and jump scares. so much unintentional comedy. the dad bursting into flames :mjlol: Or you think the mama crawling on ceilings and naked old white people aren't corny :mjlol:
Hereditary is pretty corny...I didn't love it as much as others. First time I saw it, I didn't like it at all, but it grew on me.

Midsommar & The VVitch are much better imo

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Hereditary is pretty corny...I didn't love it as much as others. First time I saw it, I didn't like it at all, but it grew on me.

IDK them shyts just not for me I think. I thought they were all just insanely pretentious. And I'm a pretentious ass nikka :skip:

I think Sinister did the whole "creepy unsettling demon story" shyt better than all these joans and yet it never got the flowers it deserved. One of the greatest finales/endings I've seen in a horror movie in ages.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
IDK them shyts just not for me I think. I thought they were all just insanely pretentious. And I'm a pretentious ass nikka :skip:

I think Sinister did the whole "creepy unsettling demon story" shyt better than all these joans and yet it never got the flowers it deserved. One of the greatest finales/endings I've seen in a horror movie in ages.
Haven't seen it, but I'll peep

Superstar
Daps

I’m the opposite I didn’t hate sinister, but both times I’ve watched it, it felt cheesy lol.

The demon kept reminding me of NWO sting and I couldn’t take him seriously. The music felt corny but it did stand out.

It was entertaining but the “scary” parts felt cheap. The executions parts were fun. It felt like saw mixed with nightmare on elm st, mixed with the ring lol.

I’ll probably watch it again if I see it pop up on a live channel.

Superstar
Daps

Loved the witch and hereditary but couldn’t stand Midsommar lol. I don’t talk during movies but I was pissed that the breh even entertained that bullshyt, like he shouldn’t have even been at the damn festival. I just couldn’t get over that shyt lmao.

I didn’t care if anyone else died but the only tension I felt was for the breh. Once he was gone I was like “man, hurry up and kill this bytch smh”.

It was shot beautifully though. Even though I thought it was kinda dumb I like the contrast of the beautiful setting and the undertones of the awful shyt that I knew was going to happen. I can understand why it’s loved.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m the opposite I didn’t hate sinister, but both times I’ve watched it, it felt cheesy lol.

The demon kept reminding me of NWO sting and I couldn’t take him seriously. The music felt corny but it did stand out.

It was entertaining but the “scary” parts felt cheap. The executions parts were fun. It felt like saw mixed with nightmare on elm st, mixed with the ring lol.

I’ll probably watch it again if I see it pop up on a live channel.
Yeah the demon costume was corn but the setup was godly.

I'll be way more creeped out by some evil ass kids than some gay ass baphomet wannabe. I remember children of the damned and corn from when was a shorty. Movies were demonic :hubie:

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the demon costume was corn but the setup was godly.

I'll be way more creeped out by some evil ass kids than some gay ass baphomet wannabe. I remember children of the damned and corn from when was a shorty. Movies were demonic :hubie:

Breh I was so goddamn mad at the children of the corn remake smh. I couldn’t even finish it. I loved the book and the og movie used to scare me as a kid.