Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Man I believe Thomasin sacrificed her family to join the coven

:banderas: One grimey caccette

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Truly thought this was just a regular movie tbh nothing crazy, surprised yall loved it this much. Thought midsommar and hereditary were more memorable:manny:.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This, hereditary midsomner, suspiria most of them artsy fartsy horror movies tbh. ASS

Superstar
Daps
This, hereditary midsomner, suspiria most of them artsy fartsy horror movies tbh. ASS

:manny:
Nah, there’s a reason they’re celebrated by fans and critics alike. They’re clearly good, why not just you didn’t like them?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:manny:
Nah, there’s a reason they’re celebrated by fans and critics alike. They’re clearly good, why not just you didn’t like them?

I love all types of horror movies, seem basically all the classics. I fukks with b movie shyt, off kilter joans, high brow ones like these…

Like they arent bad movies at all. As horror films they are ass to me yes. Was not unsettled by any of them, hereditary was actually hilarious at many points

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Crazy how polarizing this movie is.

Some saying it's one of the better horror movies of the last 20 years.

Some saying it's complete trash

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

As a movie or family drama pretty good.

As a horror film I dont get it because so much shyt in it is fukking hilarious to me. The scariest part of the film was all the naked cacs at the end

Superstar
Daps

It’s a good horror story, not centered around jump scares, gore, or discomfort. It’s just a dark visual of an already dark folk story. I don’t think it was meant to be scary, just a good story.

I wonder if it may be a disappointment to people who were looking to be scared, specifically.

Superstar
Daps
I love all types of horror movies, seem basically all the classics. I fukks with b movie shyt, off kilter joans, high brow ones like these…

Like they arent bad movies at all. As horror films they are ass to me yes. Was not unsettled by any of them, hereditary was actually hilarious at many points

I loved heredity for the same reasons I loved the witch. The story and cinematography. The only part I thought was funny was the decapitation part in the car lol.

I’ve never believed that horror should always mean “scary” or unsettling.

Someone could probably build different personality tests based on like or dislike of these movies. My ex got mad because I enjoyed hereditary while she thought it was stupidest waste of film of all time. Her particular personality wanted and expected a roller coaster ride full of jump scares. Mine wanted and expected and relatively unpredictable story, stark visuals, mystery, without sound cues spoiling whatever was about to happen.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
It’s a good horror story, not centered around jump scares, gore, or discomfort. It’s just a dark visual of an already dark folk story. I don’t think it was meant to be scary, just a good story.

I wonder if it may be a disappointment to people who were looking to be scared, specifically.
True horror isn't supposed to be corny ass jump scenes and over-the-top gore. Horror should be psychologically thrilling and spooky.