Just saw The Purge Anarchy (Minor Spoilers)

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I feel like Frank Grillo should have been the Punisher. Is it just me on that?.

i think he could pull it off, but with marvel already setting him up to become Crossbones, I doubt it happens...

either way, I really don't care if punisher gets rebooted by marvel, since they will undoubtedly neuter it and make it kid-friendly due to their disney connection. the punisher is one of the few marvel properties that I feel will never translate to the big screen unless it's violent and dark as fukk. We'll never even get a flick as gutter as Blade 1 & 2 from Marvel ever again and those are tame compared to how I imagine an accurate punisher reboot should be.

i'm all for grillo getting more roles but a pg-13 punisher flick, nah i'll pass...

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
if they do another Punisher flick the main villain better be that cat Barracuda

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZRSkZMPijt0/UijPLFzbDGI/AAAAAAAABoA/XnPQ4_n7FOg/s1076/fukktheuniform.jpg

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Just seen it. :whew:Thought it was great. Wouldn't mind another one.

Its a shame we didn't get to see more of God and his crew. They reminded me of the cats in the Gil Scott heron video for me and the devil

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Racist or nah?

04.jpg

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Are you asking about this specific shot? If so, then no. It didn't matter to them. As long as you were asking to commit that for money, they would do it. However, that shot does represent a lot of what the movie was speaking on, without overtly speaking on it. The dualities of this shot though...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you asking about this specific shot? If so, then no. It didn't matter to them. As long as you were asking to commit that for money, they would do it. However, that shot does represent a lot of what the movie was speaking on, without overtly speaking on it. The dualities of this shot though...

It's a genius, artistic shot. I think it's reflective of the world. Even without watching the movie one can look at that one screenshot and come up with 1000+ interpretations and social commentaries.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yes, it's racist…..Theres very clear themes of the wealthy elite class victimizing and literally feeding off the marginalized and poor, who in the 'Purge' and reality contain a large number of minorities….They use them to satisfy their bloodlust, as a parallel to how the lower classes are exploited for capital, profit. And, I think some of those people really would butcher a human, just to see what it feels like, after a long day at the office….

the big picture is that the lower classes are all disposable and expendable to the elite.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just watched this last night, pretty good, it has some surprises like the 1st one. I was expected them to show the scene where the mom ask her boss for raise since they made a big deal about it. Frank was just driving around without a worry in the world, played a good part though. What was up with Big Daddy with mini-gun, lit up Frank's car but couldn't take out the silver delivery truck or 2 bikers with as many rounds that thing can get off. His army was about that life though, came through with these:

800px-KrissSuperV.jpg

When I 1st heard them drop old boy in the apt when he was trying to get his rape on, I'm like shyt, wtf they shooting with!! Looked it up these go for $1,800!!

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this last night, pretty good, it has some surprises like the 1st one. I was expected them to show the scene where the mom ask her boss for raise since they made a big deal about it. Frank was just driving around without a worry in the world, played a good part though. What was up with Big Daddy with mini-gun, lit up Frank's car but couldn't take out the silver delivery truck or 2 bikers with as many rounds that thing can get off. His army was about that life though, came through with these:

800px-KrissSuperV.jpg

When I 1st heard them drop old boy in the apt when he was trying to get his rape on, I'm like shyt, wtf they shooting with!! Looked it up these go for $1,800!!
whats that strap called?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
speaking of this movie, why was that specific apartment building targeted?