Just saw The Purge Anarchy (Minor Spoilers)

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Damn, I kinda liked this movie....a definite improvement on the first.

That said, they're missing a major opportunity with this premise to make legitimately GOOD movies, from a script/story level. There's so many ways to go to make the film more of a commentary on society, but again they let the movie become more of a exploitative thriller.

The whole idea of the government "supplementing" the purge because the citizenry weren't killing each other off fast enough is fascinating....but it gets a couple of throwaway lines at the end just to wrap up the "who are those guys" question. There is so much material there, I'm just disappointed that they won't take that next step

One thing this series absolutely needs though, is a PREQUEL film. "The Purge: Origin" would be fukking fantastic imo.

Also....Matt Saracen is terrible in this. Shoulda cast Jason Street instead :shaq2:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Just saw this, it was pretty decent

Steve Blackman was getting money through the whole movie, I was expecting him to get murked at some point

But when my nikka Omar came through on that 2023 Black Panther swag :ohlawd:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This would make for a good tv show, each season do 13 episodes on that year's purge. They can do it like an anthology like Outer Limits, Utopia, Twilight Zone or True Detective. So you can go to different cities or continents.

you just gave these fools the idea they were looking for.

you can expect this to premiere on fx, in a little while.
i hope you sue them, too.

as this shyt just falls so below what it could be.

art barr

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
shyt was dope....u cats hate everything in this section :patrice:

ayo anybody laughed when they saw this fool in the beginning

11360983_ori.jpg

:russ: this cat been playing the same character for years, i aint mad at him

shyt was dope tho like I said. I really liked how they did the friend's apartment scenes too. I didn't see it popping off like that, thought they was all gonna get got by the soldiers. I thought her friend really had a car too :mjlol:

ayo anybody thought it woulda been funny if the two black latinas died after their pops sacrificed himself for that 100K

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I enjoyed this Sequel for being in The City this time around. Plot was Cool for me because I didn't really expect much of it seeing as the 1st Purge didn't Impress me much. Sorta expected Frank Grillo to be more Frank Castle instead of Frank Ocean with People that he had to take care of but the reason of them all coming together was Decently Cool soo... :yeshrug: and the ending definitely left an Opening for another Sequel which is kind of a Downer because I think that if they continue with these Movies then all the Purges should be a Different Cast/Characters and Different Plot. I'm all for Horror but this Movie wasn't Scary at all but maybe because I've been Playing GTA Online so much lately which had me :mjlol: at some Similarities in the Movie.

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars.

Daps

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
Much better than the first movie.

Ending was still weak though.

And a bunch of unanswered questions. Like why did that team even go into the building for the two spanish chicks? Was it the same people that killed the old man and they reneged on the deal and wanted them too?

Also that coworker waitress who kept shytting on her sister...:shaq:. Everybody was thinking it.

Daps
Much better than the first movie.

Ending was still weak though.

And a bunch of unanswered questions. Like why did that team even go into the building for the two spanish chicks? Was it the same people that killed the old man and they reneged on the deal and wanted them too?

Also that coworker waitress who kept shytting on her sister...:shaq:. Everybody was thinking it.

I think it had something to do with the Resistance grafiti sprayed all over certain buildings

And yeah that waitress chick had some tig ole bitties :takedat:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
This would make for a good tv show, each season do 13 episodes on that year's purge. They can do it like an anthology like Outer Limits, Utopia, Twilight Zone or True Detective. So you can go to different cities or continents.

:lupe: that's actually a good ass idea breh....

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I kinda liked this movie....a definite improvement on the first.

That said, they're missing a major opportunity with this premise to make legitimately GOOD movies, from a script/story level. There's so many ways to go to make the film more of a commentary on society, but again they let the movie become more of a exploitative thriller.

The whole idea of the government "supplementing" the purge because the citizenry weren't killing each other off fast enough is fascinating....but it gets a couple of throwaway lines at the end just to wrap up the "who are those guys" question. There is so much material there, I'm just disappointed that they won't take that next step

One thing this series absolutely needs though, is a PREQUEL film. "The Purge: Origin" would be fukking fantastic imo.

Also....Matt Saracen is terrible in this. Shoulda cast Jason Street instead :shaq2:

i think the prequel will be like 4th or 5th in this series cause like u said they can go many ways and thats the way teh govt would act in this situation. go erase a few welfare cases in one night or clear out a projects so a developer can put up condos in a week