Just saw Noah

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:strange movie, to the point where I'm not even sure if I liked it or not

visually it's incredible, one sequence in particular where
Noah retells the story of creation and the fall of man was one of the best sequences I've ever seen in a film, especially when Cain kills Abel and you see the shadows of soldiers being killed throughout history up to modern times

what confused me the most was the tone, it was kind of all over the place. some of it reminded me of a typical Bible film, some of it reminded me of Lord of the Rings. But when
they get on the ark the movie becomes batshyt insane and turns into a disturbing horror movie. through the whole sequence I was :dwillhuh:but at the same time I was on the edge of my seat, so I guess the scenes did what they set out to do

If you're religious, unless you're extremely open minded, you'll more than likely hate it. Aranofsky takes a lot of creative license and goes places with the material that I'm sure a lot of Christians will have a problem with. This old black man was like "That was the worst movie ever!" during the end credits

If you're atheist I'm not sure if you'll really be able to take the whole thing seriously enough to be emotionally invested in it. I read a review that said it was too secular for religious audiences and too religious for secular audiences and I agree with that

Interested in hearing the Coli's opinion on it, I'm sure it'll be mixed

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Im going to see it today, and Im pretty excited.

What idiot at Paramount greenlit giving Aronofsky a 100+ million dollar budget for this? I'm sure during every meeting he assured the execs "oh yeah... Christians are gonna love this shyt :smugfavre:" Then he purposely shot the movie so it'd be impossible to edit out any "controversial" scenes.

Ready for the fukkery

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Would never think about seeing it normally, but since its aronofsky im real interested :lupe: