Just rewatched Mississippi Burning and its amazing how much the trump crowd sound like the people in this movie

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
:childplease: and people still getting murdered out here everyday by the police, people still rarely doing time for murdering black folks, black folks still forgiving the murderers and praying on it. Yes it has gotten much much better for us but we still get shytted on as a people. We get shytted on so much that black people will degrade ans kill other black folks and turn down their music while riding thru a white neighborhood the very same night
And it could and would be a lot worse.we could not have beat them with our numbers, just like we could not today, we would be slaughtered.
This is one of the reasons Rev. James Bevel persuaded Dr.king to use children during protest because it would would make America look bad in front of the world.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
What are you talking about? If it weren’t for men and women who put their foot down and took the kind of stand that can only be met with force, black people would still be on the plantations.

:mjtf:
You’re talking nonsense. We all like to think our freedoms were won by beating cacs asses and not taking any shyt but they were won with pragmatism and political cunningness from black men and women greater than you and I. Respect our ancestors :yeshrug:

Daps
You’re talking nonsense. We all like to think our freedoms were won by beating cacs asses and not taking any shyt but they were won with pragmatism and political cunningness from black men and women greater than you and I. Respect our ancestors :yeshrug:
Not once did I say that “our freedoms” were won by beating cac’s asses. I said that black people, shifting from a gradualist approach that sought incremental change to one that demanded the toppling of the system of slavery and segregation after that, took a stand that could only - and was only - met with force. I’m not talking nonsense; I’m stating historic fact.

It’s easy to see you haven’t read much of anything about our struggle, from slavery to reconstruction to jim crow to the civil rights era to now.

:francis:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Not once did I say that “our freedoms” were won by beating cac’s asses. I said that black people, shifting from a gradualist approach that sought incremental change to one that demanded the toppling of the system of slavery and segregation after that, took a stand that could only - and was only - met with force. I’m not talking nonsense; I’m stating historic fact.
:snoop:

The 'force' was the Civil War and Black people had absolutely NO say in that matter at all because they had NO rights and weren't allowed to participate in Government machinations.​

Daps
:snoop:

The 'force' was the Civil War and Black people had absolutely NO say in that matter at all because they had NO rights and weren't allowed to participate in Government machinations.​
No, the force was black people being lynched for plotting uprisings on plantations, for refusing to submit to peonage after slavery ended, for starting businesses that competed with white enterprise, for exercising their right to vote, for mobilizing to overturn segregation. There are countless barely documented instances of black resistance that was responded to by a system that knew its very livelihood depended on meeting it with force.

:francis:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
No, the force was black people being lynched for plotting uprisings on plantations,
And for that, they were punished even more severely while being forbidden to learn to read/write.

Like I stated several times, doing what you THINK they should have done made their situation even worse.

Your entire argument was an Eddie Murphy bit.....

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They will kill you and yo whole family, most people were not willing to have the kids and spouses murdered fighting racists when they was outnumbered while racists had the police and government support
The point i was making is that they have killed whole families for just existing. None of that matter to them