Just picked up my first "timepiece."

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
i MAY get a nice watch this summer for my birthday. i despise MK watches but i saw a fukking fire ass watch for $250.

havent really looked at watches but i always said when i get a better job and more money i'd like a gucci and rolex watch. im not a ring or chain person.

For me, it was going to be the Fire Red 5's or a new watch.

In conclusion:

My wrists looking a lot bulkier nowadays. Copped this big ass invicta from costco for 2 bills (retails for $599 but who actually pays retail for invicts).

It's nice but its BIG AS FUKK!
2vjx27n.jpg

Thinking about getting a mark jakobs or a michael korrs jawn.

Why don't you like the MK joints? Too pretentious without being prestigious? I think for the style and price range, they can do the damn thang.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
For me, it was going to be the Fire Red 5's or a new watch.

In conclusion:

My wrists looking a lot bulkier nowadays. Copped this big ass invicta from costco for 2 bills (retails for $599 but who actually pays retail for invicts).

It's nice but its BIG AS FUKK!
2vjx27n.jpg

Thinking about getting a mark jakobs or a michael korrs jawn.

Why don't you like the MK joints? Too pretentious without being prestigious? I think for the style and price range, they can do the damn thang.

Yeah, my 6.25" wrists would be gobbled up and devoured with that. LOL.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What's a good brand of watch for a decent price? Probably something in the 200-300 hundred range. Not trying to spend to much on a watch but i'm trying to find something decent for the summertime.

Movado
Bulova
Raymond Weil
Victorinox

Swiss Movements>>>>

To the dude who had a question about Fossil brand watches, they're a solid brand (Fossil makes Michael Kors watches). I wouldn't recommend it if you wanted a fine (Swiss movement) watch, but it's legit. Not like a Timex or some BS like that

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think Invicta watches are fukking hideous. I don't know how some of you guys like those so much.

Breh, there's about 8 million results with that search. :beli:

What's the word on plated watches? Like nickel plated or rose gold plated. Does that stuff wear out and you see the steel underneath? I've heard mixed reviews on this stuff.

This is near the top of my wish list:

813Ml3-OtrL._SL1500_.jpg

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I think Invicta watches are fukking hideous. I don't know how some of you guys like those so much.

What's the word on plated watches? Like nickel plated or rose gold plated. Does that stuff wear out and you see the steel underneath? I've heard mixed reviews on this stuff.

813Ml3-OtrL._SL1500_.jpg

:salute: on that Burberry breh

I own a rose gold MK watch & I don't see the steel, but it does fade a little. I've had it almost 2 years & still get compliments though.

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia

813Ml3-OtrL._SL1500_.jpg

Personally, not a fan of the plated options due to the fade factor.

Only PVD, brushed and/or polished metals for me.

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
What's PVD?

It is a plating but doesn't fade nearly as fast. PVD is an abbreviation which stands for Physical Vapour Deposition. PVD technology is one of the most up-to-date and non-polluting coating systems. Its quality can be compared to 10 micron gold plating. The PVD finish is highly scratchproof and long lasting. The primary desirable qualities of PVD coatings are hardness, durability and anti-allergenic properties.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Cliffe Is there a big difference in quality between the amazon one you posted and this one

Between the two, pound for pound, I would pick the Seiko.

Some of the reasons:

-better automatic movement; minimal differences in time vs. the atomic clock (Orient's not a slouch either)
-better crystal (hardlex vs. Orient's mineral)
-stainless band is better constructed
-clear case back (I love Automatic movements and it is great that I can see the mechanical wonder inside)
-bezel rotates easier
-has lume
-storied reputation & following
-better resale (if decide to do so)

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
41nk8z0mK8L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

rocking this right now. i haven't really had a chance to purchase a really nice watch since i sold my breitling when i got layed off. i have a couple of brooks brother joints and this MK, but i'm laying low for a solid purchase sometime this year.