Just picked up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4's (Update)

Daps
:ohlawd: Where have they been my whole life. Volume, bass, and noise cancelling all in one. These sound like my home theater, got me revisiting all my music loaded on my phone. About to switch out mp3's for FLAC files on it:noah:. App is fully featured too. Can't wait to get them connected to the pc and other a/v components when I get home.

<p>Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones</p> | WH-1000XM4/B | Sony US

EDIT: Just got back from the gym, these things silence damn near everything. My only grip is that when I am on the weight bench they fall back and almost slip off my head. As long as you are upright they stay planted. I'm rocking a bald head so they are as tight as they can go.

I have an Galaxy S8 phone, the BT volume is usually not very loud, with these they get loud. I've tried various BT over-the-ear headphones, last set I had was the Wyze units which for $50 were not bad for what they are. This is the 1st time I spent $300 on headphones, never going back!

Connected them to the PC :ohlawd:, lawd them joints sound like heaven. Got a few network Hi-Res audio players to try them out on as well.

How you still loving them, OP?

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Some girl i was fukking brought these over to my crib back in 2020. I wasnt impressed at all. My M50X sounded better to me when I tested them side by side.

The noise cancelling feature is cool though :ehh:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
How you still loving them, OP?

They still my favorites, they get the most use at the gym more than anything, still sound as good as the day I opened them. Got me looking into the earbud versions for work use, hopefully they sound just as good.

Recently plugged them into the PS5, pretty good for chat/gameplay. With the price of them I'm not sure why Sony didn't put the tech in them that makes them fully wireless compatible with the PS5.

Daps
I heard the 4s got this feature that stops whatever you're playing when you're talking. Is that true. If so is it invasive and can you turn it off?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do these compare with V-Moda crossfade 2 wireless in terms of sound quality?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Pulled out the museum piece Sony Discman, :ohlawd:. If I had these XM4's back in the day.................

IMG_1761CC.jpg