Just picked up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4's (Update)

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
:ohlawd: Where have they been my whole life. Volume, bass, and noise cancelling all in one. These sound like my home theater, got me revisiting all my music loaded on my phone. About to switch out mp3's for FLAC files on it:noah:. App is fully featured too. Can't wait to get them connected to the pc and other a/v components when I get home.

<p>Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones</p> | WH-1000XM4/B | Sony US

EDIT: Just got back from the gym, these things silence damn near everything. My only grip is that when I am on the weight bench they fall back and almost slip off my head. As long as you are upright they stay planted. I'm rocking a bald head so they are as tight as they can go.

I have an Galaxy S8 phone, the BT volume is usually not very loud, with these they get loud. I've tried various BT over-the-ear headphones, last set I had was the Wyze units which for $50 were not bad for what they are. This is the 1st time I spent $300 on headphones, never going back!

Connected them to the PC :ohlawd:, lawd them joints sound like heaven. Got a few network Hi-Res audio players to try them out on as well.

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I got the xm3 , they are great, but too flincy..i upgraded to a v moda wireless 2 codec edition...sounds fantastic and like my other vmodas they dont break that easily.....( well they are not broken at all lol just old)

Of course the sony's sound cancellation is top tier

Last edited:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Had these since November, and I have a love/hate relationship these headphones. The bass, noise cancelling, and volume features are best in class, but the tech can be too annoying at times.

For example, the "speak to chat" feature would turn on by itself, pausing my audio if I do something as low as clear my throat.

The headphones would lose connection randomly at times, and I've had a couple awkward moments where I'm laying down with my headphones on, and Siri/voice control pops up and calls someone, due to whatever background noise I had at that moment saying something that remotely sounded like a name in my phone.

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
Had these since November, and I have a love/hate relationship these headphones. The bass, noise cancelling, and volume features are best in class, but the tech can be too annoying at times.

For example, the "speak to chat" feature would turn on by itself, pausing my audio if I do something as low as clear my throat.

The headphones would lose connection randomly at times, and I've had a couple awkward moments where I'm laying down with my headphones on, and Siri/voice control pops up and calls someone, due to whatever background noise I had at that moment saying something that remotely sounded like a name in my phone.
Turn that speak to chat shyt off ya don't need it,:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I got the xm3 , they are great, but too flincy..i upgraded to a v moda wireless 2 codec edition...sounds fantastic and like my other vmodas they dont break that easily.....( well they are not broken at all lol just old)

Of course the sony's sound cancellation are top tier

I had some V Moda's before I got some XM2s. Owned my XM3s for 2 years now, I"m gonna wait on the 6s before I upgrade since these 3s are still hot fiya.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Yeah gotta turn speak to chat off if you’re not using it. It gets enough if your listening to something funny because it will stop every time you lol :russ:

Other than that they are goated.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got the XM3s and the v moda m200s.

the sonys are nice as far as wireless goes. Use the v modas when i want better sound. Bluetooth still aint there as far as sound quality yet.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Yall cats got me on Amazon looking at the V Modas now :whew:, them joints look real nice. Gonna have to pick up a pair as well.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I got my XM3's. I find myself listening to a lot more music now, just so I can find a reason to use them. I love wearing them when I take my daughter for walks in her stroller. They came free with my phone

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I got the XM3s and the v moda m200s.

the sonys are nice as far as wireless goes. Use the v modas when i want better sound. Bluetooth still aint there as far as sound quality yet.

Those M-200s are :banderas: fukk a wireless when I'm getting that kind of sound quality

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still using my MX2's and love them...I can just imagine the MX4s are killing them.