Just In: Black Wall Street survivors' case struck down by OK Supreme Court

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The thread was about the descendants, the descendants can't sue.
Judge Caroline Wall from this 2023 article is from the judicial district of Tulsa:

The nine member court mentioned in the OP made a state decision, not a district decision.

Means the case got to the state's supreme court... above the district court where the case was thrown out.

That means the case was appealed to be reviewed by the highest court in the state. The case moved up.
The district judge's decision was challenged on the state level, and the state's decision can be appealed by a higher court.
Since it has been struck down... if I recall from studying law, the case can still be appealed on a federal level.

Which means... this case can reach the Supreme Court and set a federal precedent for reparations.
2022_Roberts_Court_Formal_083122_Web-2-768x432.jpg

So this case has been getting struck down and appealed for at least two years, and it has been moving up the legal chain of command every time it's been struck down because it's being appealed.

Once the trial gets to the Supreme Court, a previous case can be used to get reparations this time:

This is not the L you think it is... if the survivors die before the case gets to the Supreme Court or during trial then the case dies.

Do you know how the courts work?

Dude I'm not talking about the actual court case I'm talking about the fact that we already discussed this with this very outcome that's all I'm saying...:comeon: nothing more nothing less...

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/judge-says-tulsa-race-massacre-victims-descendants-cant-sue.931749/

:martin: :martin::what::what:

None of y'all don't feel someone goading us into being angry about this story why is the white media reposting this old story that already happened???
Say breh, you've been putting forth that pro blackness is the meaning behind part of how you post on here - that's to say, you have the best interests of black people in mind right? If that's a yes, then I ask, is this not upsetting that the Oklahoma State Supreme Court is striking down reparations for a group of black people? This means they won't get any tangibles. You don't have any anger about such a thing?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Say breh, you've been putting forth that pro blackness is the meaning behind part of how you post on here - that's to say, you have the best interests of black people in mind right? If that's a yes, then I ask, is this not upsetting that the Oklahoma State Supreme Court is striking down reparations for a group of black people? This means they won't get any tangibles. You don't have any anger about such a thing?

:snoop: Jesus fukking Christ... I'm only talking about this actual court case outcome that's it nothing more nothing less I already explained to the poster above that this case the media is blasting this again when we already discussed it. It has nothing to do with my politics. Its about the media posting the story that ALREADY HAPPENED... That's my umbridge:comeon:
Edit: if this was an appeal that the white female judge tossed OUT TOO then please say so.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude scroll up, I posted the link it's literally in the coli archives...:what: no one paying me gawddamn something is off in this entire situation I already knew the outcome of this case!!!

AGAIN:

That thread is about July of last year's verdict.:unimpressed:This thread is about the verdict from the Supreme Court today, not a lower court judge who ruled last year.

Why is this posted now when this happened like almost 2 MONTHS AGO!!?? :what: this ain't breaking news.

Also where the fukk was the CBC or the dems to twist the arm of the white judge???:stopitslime: also Oklahoma race stats is cac central so don't talk about voting because when you don't have the numbers expect an uphill battle :camby:
What happened almost 2 months ago?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That thread is about July of last year's verdict.:unimpressed:This thread is about the verdict from the Supreme Court today, not a lower court judge who ruled last year.

What happened almost 2 months ago?

Forget it... :beli: I'm tired and having deja Vu :francis: I'm past it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Jesus fukking Christ... I'm only talking about this actual court case outcome that's it nothing more nothing less I already explained to the poster above that this case the media is blasting this again when we already discussed it. It has nothing to do with my politics. Its about the media posting the story that ALREADY HAPPENED... That's my umbridge:comeon:
Edit: if this was an appeal that the white female judge tossed OUT TOO then please say so.
Wait, so you're upset that the media is again informing people that reparations were struck down?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Wait, so you're upset that the media is again informing people that reparations were struck down?

Yes and no I thought this was the case about that female judge striking it down with prejudice that's what I was confused over... :beli: this IS a new situation. I was wrong I'm sorry my bad. I made a mistake. But alas I'm :francis: not surprised in the least with this outcome...

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Yes and no I thought this was the case about that female judge striking it down with prejudice that's what I was confused over... :beli: this IS a new situation. I was wrong I'm sorry my bad. I made a mistake. But alas I'm :francis: not surprised in the least with this outcome...
The case can reach the Supreme Court as long as the survivors are alive.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
If you're expecting the United States to take responsibility, look at what they are doing to other nations right now.

They'll never do what they should.

They are at war against anything they deem to be a threat.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
:wtf:

what the does a ruling by the oklahoma supreme court have to do with trump?
The case can reach the Supreme Court as long as the survivors are alive.
You think those Justices Trump appointed are going to green light this?
There's legal precedent to get reparations, so what will the Supreme Court ignore the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 that gave Japanese internment survivors reparations while denying Black people reparations for Greenwood?

If the Greenwood survivors get reparations as victims of white supremacy, it could be argued the descendants of slavery are entitled to reparations as victims of systematic anti-black white supremacy if this kind of systematic racism can be proven in a court of law. This case can made a stronger case for reparations.