Just Got Laid Off Today

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
nah u can request a lump sum payment which would be dumb cuz as u said the tax will be higher :smugdraper: I'll chill for a week or two in then get back on my grind no slacking over here :jawalrus:

lucky you.. when i was laid off it was a 6 month lump sum check... no options of lump sum or weekly
good think i changed my w9 two month prior to M6 ... My layoff date was know for a full year before hand. It turned into some finish this project by so-so date to get severance. therefore we couldnt leave early. OH damn ..I got my layoffs mixed up... My layoff in 00 was know in advance so i had the next job lined up. My layoff in 02 was not and that was only 2 weeks pay. so i had 2 weeks pay and ended up home for a year. Even the max unemployment of 404/week wasnt enough to cover what i made ... but it was better than zero

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wish a nikka would tell "Imma pay you for 5 months but don't come to work no mo".

The ultimate come up would be to get another job quick and have 2 checks.

NOOOOOOOOO!.. when i got my 6 month severance and then had my new job lined up Uncle Sam killed me on the 1040. the extra 20G plus a higher paying job put me in an entirely new tax bracket. I owed 4G in federal that year.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Good to hear that you get severance until October, because most of us dont get that much.

Chill for a few weeks and have fun, then get back on the grind hard. The longer you stay unemployed, the more jobs will stay away from you. I have been laid off for up to a year, and after the first month or so, it's no fun at all, fam.

Anyway, put about half of that severance again, and good luck.

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
That's why you have to be imposing to your employer. Make them be scared to fire your ass. I do it all the time. If they do fire you they will make sure security is there when they do it. But, they have to remember, they have to get to the establishment from the parking lot....

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I wish a nikka would tell "Imma pay you for 5 months but don't come to work no mo".

The ultimate come up would be to get another job quick and have 2 checks.

most likely he would get severance pay, plus unemployment, plus pay for whatever vacation he has. he could really be looking at a lot of paper.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
just got another gig vacation over :obama:

time to stack this paper tho :smugfavre:

two months off in the summer, serverence thru october, unemployment, plus you got a new job????? your pockets should be bursting with money. u are gonna be collecting two paychecks for 3 more months.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Was not expecting a celebration thread :pachaha: