Just finished watching "The Cabin in The Woods"

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
If you didn't like this movie, it probably went over your head...

basically. I feel the movie was pretty much a satirical view or the horror genre. I mean look at the characters...we had the sweet innocent chick, the jock, the whore...and even though they didn't really throw it out there, the token nergo

the movie itself is the director/writers sacrifice in that its such a change from the normal formula

I feel like the whole 2nd part of the film when shyt pops off is the director saying fukk what Hollywood wants, I'm gonna do what I do. The ending of this movie is like a film being shut down for not sticking to the usual formula Studios/higher ups (portrayed as Gods in the film) want, which Sigourney Weaver explained.

"Cabin in the Woods" is practically the film they're making, and the two white guys are basically directing or writing it..

this shyts genius when you think about it. when they're celebrating the deaths and popping champagne, that entire scene resembled a screening. notice how the chick is all "I wish I could do what you do, I loved the way the truck hit the water" and the one white guy downplays it because it didn't turn out how he wanted (with Merman)... the black guy disgustedly asks "you guys are celebrating this?" like he knows its typical hollywood fluff trash

and I love how when shyt hits the fan and the formula is thrown in the trash, the Merman dude is so hellbent on seeing finally makes an appearance in the film. I see what they did there :shaq:

this entire movie seems like one big stab at the horror genre to me. It pisses on the cliched formula all while sticking to it (before the end of course)... shyts like a satirical parody. There's so much little shyt to pick apart from the dialog

"dumb blonde...very artistic" :troll:

"the director doesn't care about this stuff, as long as everything goes smoothly up stairs" :troll:

Its deeper than a verse, nucca

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
It would be interesting if they do a sequel if they pick up where they left off. Movie took a weird turn at the second half thats for damn sure, but it was an "okay" movie all in all

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Forget one of my lengthy reviews.

I'm just gonna describe my thoughts on this film with the help of a smiley.

:snoop:

That should explain it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh.
3690181378_5322de4a7f_z.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't see the point of installing one button that releases all the monsters at the same time. That's as bad as giving a janitor keys to everything in 28 Weeks Later.