June is a big month for gaming! Yall ready?

What will you be picking up in June?

• Might cop a couple of these joints...

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I’ll get something I’m sure, but noting exciting yet

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Meh, I’ll wait to see what they announce at E3

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • The game i want isn’t listed on here

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We're now in the super fan era where you have to pretend every release by your favorite corporation is some epic moment.

So in order to be excited for any new release we should have had to care about the franchise 20 years ago? Do yall even hear how ridiculous yall sound?:dwillhuh:

Super fan era is being bothered that people get hype about major game releases just because they are exclusive

And yeah, i can see how Ratchet & Clank probably flew under the radar for people in 2002 when mascot platformers were everywhere. You had Jak and Daxter, Spyro, banjo, mario, gex, sly cooper, crash, sonic, conker etc.

Now compare that to the AAA mascot platformers out today and what do you have?

Not only is R&C one of the few remaining in the genre, its actively pushing it forward, so yeah, people are excited for a new AAA game on a new console generation that looks fun to play.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So in order to be excited for any new release we should have had to care about the franchise 20 years ago? Do yall even hear how ridiculous yall sound?:dwillhuh:

Super fan era is being bothered that people get hype about major game releases just because they are exclusive

And yeah, i can see how Ratchet & Clank probably flew under the radar for people in 2002 when mascot platformers were everywhere. You had Jak and Daxter, Spyro, banjo, mario, gex, sly cooper, crash, sonic, conker etc.

Now compare that to the AAA mascot platformers out today and what do you have?

Not only is R&C one of the few remaining in the genre, its actively pushing it forward, so yeah, people are excited for a new AAA game on a new console generation that looks fun to play.

Yeah, it definitely flew under the radar for me back then and that's actually another good point as to why it may have for me as well. And at the time, aside from Jak & Daxter and Crash, I wasn't checking for platformers as much since the new rave was open world games and Metal Gears. That, plus time and where I was at in life, I got into some shyt a lil late. I was actually a huge fan of DMC when it first dropped, but by the time the third one came around and God of War first dropped, while I heard of them, I didn't get around to them until mad late, like a year after they dropped.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
E2ppyy0WEAY8UFZ

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY