i

• i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
    Close
    • 2013 BWAA Nat Fleischer Award winner for excellence in boxing journalism
    • ESPN.com boxing writer since 2005
    • Five years at USA Today
    Follow on Twitter

When the fight between Timothy Bradley Jr. and Jessie Vargas was put together in late April there was nothing but respect between the two fighters. They were complimentary of each other and friendly toward each other.

Those days are over as they head into their battle for a vacant interim welterweight title on Saturday night (HBO, 9:45 p.m. ET/PT) at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Bradley, a former junior welterweight and welterweight titlist, has taken exception to Vargas and Vargas' new trainer, future Hall of Famer Erik Morales, constantly referring to him as an older fighter who has been in too many tough fights to beat Vargas.

When Bradley checked into the fight hotel on Tuesday he got let loose on them in a video posted on Top Rank’s official YouTube channel. He said after he disposes of Vargas that he’d be happy to fight Morales, who hasn’t boxed since getting drilled by Danny Garcia in the fourth round of a 2012 junior welterweight title bout.

“Jessie Vargas, I’m gonna whup his ass on Saturday and if Morales got a problem and he want some he can get some at the end of the year too, ‘cause I got two fights this year,” Bradley said. “This is my first fight. I’m gonna beat his boy, then I’ll come back and beat his behind. He can come out of retirement. We can fight at a catchweight. It don’t really matter, 154, whatever. You want to fight at 200? We could fight there and I’m gonna whup your ass next.

“If you want to talk, you can say whatever you want to say. Trainers normally stay neutral (and say) ‘My boy’s gonna win. He’s a good fighter, whatever.’ But when you start talking sh-- and you start talking garbage and nonsense then that’s what gets under my skin.”

Bradley (31-1-1, 12 KOs), 31, of Palm Springs, California, said he is highly motivated going into the fight but that their comments have made him even more focused.

“Yeah, I’m fired up. I’m fired up for this,” Bradley said. “Thank you for keep firing me up because guess what? Saturday night, it’s gonna be a good night for Team Bradley. That’s what it’s gonna be. I’m gonna walk out of the ring with another belt strapped around me. So pump me up. Keep me pumped up. I’m fired up. Yup, I’m fired up.”

Vargas (26-0, 9 KOs), 26, of Las Vegas, was nonchalant about Bradley’s comments.

"I am not surprised at all what Bradley said. To me, he's cracking up. It's all about fight-week pressure,” said Vargas, a junior welterweight titleholder who is moving up in weight.

And what about the often snarly Morales?

"I would fight Bradley any day of the week,” Morales said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/13234/bradley-unloads-on-vargas-morales

:whew:

I’m gonna beat his boy, then I’ll come back and beat his behind. He can come out of retirement. We can fight at a catchweight. It don’t really matter, 154, whatever. You want to fight at 200? We could fight there and I’m gonna whup your ass next.

That's the type of trash talk I can get behind Bradley:banderas:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I personally think Timmy boxes and mauls Vargas on some 9-3 shyt but will get robbed on the cards

I gave you 5 stars and dap off GP but this ain't a good look smoke

You posed to prop your mans up so when they do rob him everyone gets :scust:

Instead of :manny: like when they robbed him vs Chaves

Bradley by TKO 10

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
“Jessie Vargas, I’m gonna whup his ass on Saturday and if Morales got a problem and he want some he can get some at the end of the year too, ‘cause I got two fights this year,” Bradley said. “This is my first fight. I’m gonna beat his boy, then I’ll come back and beat his behind. He can come out of retirement. We can fight at a catchweight. It don’t really matter, 154, whatever. You want to fight at 200? We could fight there and I’m gonna whup your ass next.

“If you want to talk, you can say whatever you want to say. Trainers normally stay neutral (and say) ‘My boy’s gonna win. He’s a good fighter, whatever.’ But when you start talking sh-- and you start talking garbage and nonsense then that’s what gets under my skin.”

“Yeah, I’m fired up. I’m fired up for this,” Bradley said. “Thank you for keep firing me up because guess what? Saturday night, it’s gonna be a good night for Team Bradley. That’s what it’s gonna be. I’m gonna walk out of the ring with another belt strapped around me. So pump me up. Keep me pumped up. I’m fired up. Yup, I’m fired up.”

:banderas::blessed: How do y'all not love the #BradleyBunch?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
that jawn on the far right is ridiculous bytch is so fine

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if Bradley wins, who he gon fight next?

haymon and arum need to work with each other.

Bradley vs Floyd/Thurman/Porter/Khan are interesting fights

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
if Bradley wins, who he gon fight next?

haymon and arum need to work with each other.

Bradley vs Floyd/Thurman/Porter/Khan are interesting fights

umm. yeah thurman would be good but it has already been set for bradley/vargas winner to face sadam "the arabian" ali in dubia.:yeshrug: