"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I've settled on hoping JC Latham drops to us and plugging him in at guard, and maybe he replaces Lane later on. He reminds me of Brandon Brooks and I think he'd be a monster on this line

I could see them taking a corner or wr in the first few rounds, but based on what they have and haven't done in free agency so far, I think we should expect to see them load up on both sides of the line early in the draft

Wouldn't mind Jenkins from Michigan in the second round to add to the d line
Speaking of Michigan I want us to wait and get zinter. He’s a top guard and the injury has to drop him atleast a round or two. He’d be a steal

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Redikk price tag was too high

GL to him in NY

Howie is preparing for the future...don't manage the roster with your heart, manage with logic & foresight

I hope the cost savings of trading Redikk a would allow us to sign Justin Simmons :lupe:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i rather keep reddikk and let him walk for nothing in 2025 than a conditional 3rd that doesnt have a huge chance to turn into a 2nd. and its a 2026 pick :hhh:. wouldnt we get a comp pick if reddikk walked next year anyway?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i rather keep reddikk and let him walk for nothing in 2025 than a conditional 3rd that doesnt have a huge chance to turn into a 2nd. and its a 2026 pick :hhh:. wouldnt we get a comp pick if reddikk walked next year anyway?
I think he’s gambling it turns into a second. The play time I think he’ll get but gambling on 10 sacks is kind of dangerous…

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Comp pick formula is dependent on a few different factors; how big the contract he signs with a new team is, whether or not we sign any free agents in that bracket to negate it, etc - there's no guarantee on getting a pick for him in that scenario.

Howie could've forced Haas to play out the final year of his deal but he's wanted a big extension since last offseason. If he's gonna be out there blowing assignments because he's chasing stats or making business decisions because he doesn't wanna get hurt then what's the point.

Once they signed Huff they made it clear they're going with the younger player who's still ascending vs the player in his 30s who might've peaked in 2022. Getting value that landed right inbetween what Brian Burns and L'Jarius Sneed went for on a player that turns 31 when his next deal begins is just pragmatic roster management.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Agreed 100%. People will rationalize anything but from my POV Hasson was solid and proven, and given your window is really the next 2 years would’ve made sense to rely on that. His replacements are question marks right now. Time will tell

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I think he’s gambling it turns into a second. The play time I think he’ll get but gambling on 10 sacks is kind of dangerous…
I think Reddikk will produce and it will be a 2nd round. The replacements will need to make an impact on day 1 imo

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Reddikk will produce and it will be a 2nd round. The replacements will need to make an impact on day 1 imo

Sweat, Huff, and Nolan Smith are your edges

Will be interesting to see if BG plays 3-4 end or edge under Fangio

Since Howie signed Baun, I don't think we draft an edge this yr

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Sweat, Huff, and Nolan Smith are your edges

Will be interesting to see if BG plays 3-4 end or edge under Fangio

Since Howie signed Baun, I don't think we draft an edge this yr
Sweat - 1 double digit sack season in his entire career

Huff never had close to the amount of snaps Hasson has had

Nolan still raw and potential injury concerns.

Since we basically traded Reddikk for Huff I'm really hoping Huff is that dude because it's saying something they didn't wanna pay Huff but will likely pay Reddikk.

Also I'm not holding last season "chasing sacks" against Reddikk when y'all had Patricia out there pissing everyone offf

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I mean, if it doesn't turn into a 2nd the Jets are idiots

But one of the most dominant pass rushers of the last half decade shouldn't go for "maybe a 2nd" imo

I'd rather keep him and reap the rewards of his play. Far more valuable