"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wish ppl really understood the X's and O's of football ITT bc every critique of this offense and defense I've had before they became popular talking points

Jalen is half the problem and coaching is the other half...coaches are not telling him to throw deep in dbl coverage, to not step into throws, to not take wide open check downs on first and second down, etc...

The offense was able to complete short to intermediate passes last yr but are not unable to bc of scheme & playcalling :mjlol:

Y'all nikkas gullible...Jalen's release is slower this season & he can't read the field...he's only looking for players...he doesn't take what the def gives him

Take it from someone who really knows the game :beli:
me and @thashiek were the only ones calling him out before the losing strk

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
HoIjJh.gif

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To my Eagles brehs, WTF happened to yall?
only theory i have is that the niners completely exposed our offense and the coaching staff didnt have any plan bs
combine that with inept LBs, a hasbeen bradberry and some injuries on defense and this is what you get

the team cant tackle
cant read defenses
cant cover
cant get open

truly abysmal team. worst eagles season in my 20+ year history as a fan

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
me and @thashiek were the only ones calling him out before the losing strk

He has regressed terribly this season

He really can't read the field

Nick Bosa said: Rush him and make him play QB and you'll win on Defense

His footwork has been terrible and he only wants to throw outside the hashes

I read something interesting...the Eagles don't run blitz beaters bc Hurts can't throw to to the middle of the field...I read Sirianni's offense destroyed blitzes in Indy

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even Goedert knows Hurts is a bum
Hurts aint a bum, but he's gotta really work on some things this offseason. Especially with Kelce/Lane getting older/ retiring. Whoever is his QB coach needs to work on him stepping up in the pocket and throwing over the middle.

He's got to get to the point of manipulating the pocket and creating throwing lanes/throwing guys open.I have no doubt Jalen wlll work hard but he needs to know what he needs to work on.

And Im hoping it was just a health issue, but he really needs to incorporate his running ability from earlier in his career.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hurts aint a bum, but he's gotta really work on some things this offseason. Especially with Kelce/Lane getting older/ retiring. Whoever is his QB coach needs to work on him stepping up in the pocket and throwing over the middle.

He's got to get to the point of manipulating the pocket and creating throwing lanes/throwing guys open.I have no doubt Jalen wlll work hard but he needs to know what he needs to work on.

And Im hoping it was just a health issue, but he really needs to incorporate his running ability from earlier in his career.

He's not that guy

No pocket presence

Can't read the field

Bad footwork

Doesn't want to make tough throws

Plays with no tempo

We won 11 games with strictly talent around Hurts

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He's not that guy

No pocket presence

Doesn't want to make tough throws

Plays with no tempo
I mean there is a certain style you have to play for Jalen to be very effective. However, its not impossible to make strides.

Dak and Lamar improved a ton in terms of throwing when their is chaos around them. Dak's issue is he's just hit his ceiling.

Hurts needs to maximize his ability as a thrower while he still has his athleticism. The threat of Jalen running opened up the running game. He's gotta show that as well to keep defenses honest.