Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
No, ultimate is $15 a month aka 180 a year
Xcloud is now part of the package
You don't need a system for xcloud and your home internet is fast enough for 4k gaming, especially next year when the cloud is all series x systems. So today's clouds can do series s level.

So why even have a series s? You need internet to use it :hula: so eventually it'll be stupid to pay. You don't on PC right? No console, why pay?

Gamepass = 3 yearly memberships, but im sure they'll give you the year for the price of two. Oh, and xbox live had around 50 million paying subscribers. Gamepass is available soon everywhere. They will surpass 200 million subscribers in no time, making more off each than they did with live by itself. This is business and it's a slam dunk. But you not a hustler homie, you're a customer cronie :francis:
This is also a potential outcome, but I can't wrap my head around doing this without going all the way and offering cloud access without consoles. I mean just release an app for smart TVs, iPads, etc...which could cannibalize XBX sales.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Heroic then :yeshrug:and I don’t remember ever speaking to you.
Who are you and why you following me homie? :ohhh:
We played Super Smash Ultimate together in 2018:lupe:

i asked you about the difficulty thing in a halo thread and you never responded:manny:

i aint follow you into this thread. I clicked it cuz im excited about the 23rd show. I saw your post and quoted it:leostare:

repped for clarifying what hard difficulty was.:ehh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is also a potential outcome, but I can't wrap my head around doing this without going all the way and offering cloud access without consoles. I mean just release an app for smart TVs, iPads, etc...which could cannibalize XBX sales.
Microsofts moved their business model to subscriptions, and its worked out for em so far. They was goin back and forth with apple on that trillion dollar valuation last year. I could see them sayin fukk console sales and focusing on xbox as an app with gamepass/xcloud subs.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
With your logic, series s would cannibalize series x sales :stop:

Now this can't cut into sales because they likely selling the console at a loss. This eliminates that while keeping you in their ecosystem. The ecosystem has always been the model. Microsoft made it clear playstation is not their competitors anymore and this is why. Sony will tag along, Microsoft will eat off that and eventually the playstation app will be available wherever gamepass is available. Maybe they'll release a joint system in the future that can do native 8k/240? Otherwise this is the end of physical. This is also how mankind was erased thousands of years ago but that's too deep of a convo to be had here...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
We played Super Smash Ultimate together in 2018:lupe:

i asked you about the difficulty thing in a halo thread and you never responded:manny:

i aint follow you into this thread. I clicked it cuz im excited about the 23rd show. I saw your post and quoted it:leostare:

repped for clarifying what hard difficulty was.:ehh:
:mjgrin:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So no source from these wild claims?
and you telling me the company that made it popular to charge gamers to play multiplayer
is making it free? :deadrose::dead:
Negro we paid 60$ a YEAR for safe and RELIABLE multiplayer environments...

Then playstation copied it and still had a shytty network on top of being hacked regularly.

If Live is FREE thats a game changer in its own right

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely no way Gold becomes free. It'll be combined with Game Pass, Ultimate style. $80-100 annually.

ya the more I think about it the more they’re gonna try to push ppl to use gamepass by making it the better deal...gone are the days of $60/yr gold subscriptions...but truth be told I never paid more than $40 for it...gamepass isn’t a bad deal for most ppl but I have no need for it...I just did the $1 upgrade/conversion cuz it cost me practically nothing...I’m not paying $80-100 for live when my ultimate gamepass account expires...I got a ridiculous backlog of single player games that’ll feed me for years to come plus I still use my X1Xs to watch shows/movies on but it looks like I’m gonna be done playing shyt online as far as live goes