JUICE WRLD - Goodbye & Good Riddance [Interscope's Next Star?...Yep, I called it]

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Affiliated with G-Herbo, already signed with Interscope... sound is in the vein of Uzi, Post Malone, Yachty. Song making ability is fire... been bubbling on SoundCloud since last year... currently has the top 2 most played songs over the last few weeks.

Chicago gotta another one brehs, and with Interscope on board, it's only a matter of time before he blows.
:yeshrug:

I'm making this post and thread now before the 'plant' claims start coming in

This song gonna be big IMO

Last edited:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I been listening to this nikka for the last week. I’m listening to that shyt now as a matter of fact. I haven’t heard too much of Trippie Reds music but I hate it cause the nikka be screaming all hard and shyt smh. This dude does that but it’s more “controlled” and actually sounds good in the mix.

This nikka is basically one of those emo ass rappers crying about girls all the damn time. I’m tired of all these fake sad ass nikkas. If he not crying about some bytches, he talking that I do so much drugs shyt. That said, he is a very good song writer and has a natural talent for verse and song structure and shyt, so his shyt is very catchy. The content is some emo teen shyt. But I fukk with it cause it’s catchy. He’s a good writer

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I been listening to this nikka for the last week. I’m listening to that shyt now as a matter of fact. I haven’t heard too much of Trippie Reds music but I hate it cause the nikka be screaming all hard and shyt smh. This dude does that but it’s more “controlled” and actually sounds good in the mix.

This nikka is basically one of those emo ass rappers crying about girls all the damn time. I’m tired of all these fake sad ass nikkas. If he not crying about some bytches, he talking that I do so much drugs shyt. That said, he is a very good song writer and has a natural talent for verse and song structure and shyt, so his shyt is very catchy. The content is some emo teen shyt. But I fukk with it cause it’s catchy. He’s a good writer
Pretty much.

He's still fairly young but he's already a more refined version of the people in this lane IMO. He needs to diversify his content a bit because you're spot on, it's either about doing dope or about getting his feelings hurt by a broad. But now that he's on, I expect him to have more life experience and shyt to talk about moving forward... I think Lucid Dreams could take off if Interscope felt like it.

Dude is only 19 or 20

Last edited:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I just "hear" a mismash of post and yaghty... doesn't really even sound that good..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay ,what makes him any different than Post, Uzi, Yachty? His shyt sounds exactly like their music lol...
He's younger, from Chicago and from what I can tell, from what I've heard over the last 12 to 16 months from him is that he can make a catchy/hit song like it's nothing.

He has the potential to be big simply because of where he's from, the wave he has and the label he's on. Kid went from like 50K to 400K followers on IG in the matter of like 4 months

:whoo:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
He also had like 20 songs leaked this past week

He has potential but he needs to find new subject matter. Breh is in a relationship and he still crying over his ex on every song :francis:

I don't hear the Yachty comparison but he does sound like a better Post Malone and a worse Lil Uzi had a kid who's perpetually depressed

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
He's younger, from Chicago and from what I can tell, from what I've heard over the last 12 to 16 months from him is that he can make a catchy/hit song like it's nothing.

He has the potential to be big simply because of where he's from, the wave he has and the label he's on. Kid went from like 50K to 400K followers on IG in the matter of like 4 months

:whoo:

Okay, well maybe hearing emo rappers from Chicago is a different angle....

But Yachty, Uzi and Post were young ... And they all obviously had the ability to make catchy/hit songs.... I'm not hating on dude. But it's like all this shyt kinda sounds the same. Lil Baby, Carti, etc...

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
Okay, well maybe hearing emo rappers from Chicago is a different angle....

But Yachty, Uzi and Post were young ... And they all obviously had the ability to make catchy/hit songs.... I'm not hating on dude. But it's like all this shyt kinda sounds the same. Lil Baby, Carti, etc...
:usure: Baby is in a whole different league from any of them

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: nikkas really listen to this emo shyt

cold world cold heart can't swallow
need a bartender get me out of my sorrows

girl hurt me feelings
sorrow goes all the way up to the ceiling

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
My lil bro put me on a little over a year ago, started following him since then. He would be like, "so what you think about that song" and I'd say the same thing... the subject matter is repetitive and he has to expand on it.

With that said, it's not much to talk about when you're a teenager if that's all you know, so I'll acknowledge the song making ability and also recognize that he has to evolve... this is his debut, let him eat off these EMO kids for now
:manny:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He also had like 20 songs leaked this past week
I could see this happening... I know a couple of guys who get his new shyt before releases. Somebody just went ahead and uploaded it online